• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recruiting Partner who is experienced with JASS for Spectrum TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello

I’m currently working on a project named Spectrum TD. It’s a mazing TD with a completely new layout. Currently, the layout and some of the triggers (in GUI) have been completed (and just started making the towers). But now I've reached the point where I can't really progress further (in the game mechanics) without help from an experienced JASSer, so I'm looking for someone who would like to come on board this project.

Here is the basic idea of the map:

Like in normal mazing TDs, you build towers to maze and such, however, there is a twist. When you build and upgrade your towers, you can switch their "colors" at any time via button. There will be 4 colors used: Red, Green, Blue and Yellow. Creeps that spawn will also be one of these 4 colors. Now if your towers match the color of the creeps, then your towers can block the creeps (they have to go through your maze), and your towers deal extra damage to them. If your towers do NOT match the color of the creeps, then the creeps are able to walk THROUGH your towers, as if they were ethereal or had flying. Also, in this case, your towers would deal less damage.

This is a team TD with 8 players. In the first 10 rounds, only 1 color would spawn for each player, and so there would be 2 players with the same color per round (so 2 spawns are red, 2 are blue, etc). From levels 11 - 20, every group of creep spawns would contain 2 colors (so half the creeps would be one color, half another color), levels 21 - 30, 3 colors, and levels 31 - 40, 4 colors.

If you'd like an example of how this color switching would work for the towers, you can take a look at Color Circle TD. It does something very similar, except for this TD, you would be able to build other towers and upgrade etc, like a normal TD...with this additional color management feature.

A friend of mine spoke with an experienced JASSer (who was unfortunately working on another project already), and he said that this concept is possible, but might be a bit difficult to implement. So I'm really hoping I can find someone who likes this concept and has the skills to help me make this become a reality!

If you have any questions, please post them here and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.