• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Two TD ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So, I have two ideas for some pretty groovy tower defenses. One I already have planned out, just need help with it when it comes to using JASS/World Editor in general >_>

Idea 1 (The not-that good one):
Custom Builder TD, like a custom hero line war and etc., where you pick the towers you can build instead of the skills you have.

Idea 2 (The epic one):
Rocky Field TD (Place-holder)
Each player starts with a big field full of 'rocks'. The rocks can be destroyed or upgraded into towers. You must destroy enough rocks for the creeps to be able to get through to the other side of the field. Thus, a unique way to create you're own mazes. HOWEVER, you can also purchase/build up to 3 'waypoints' (Like in Sprout TD, WMW (the lightning bolts)) etc. for high costs, thus making the mazing possibilities even higher.
The towers would be quite weak in comparison to the creeps, and thus would require strategy in you're mazes. I'd rather put this idea into something real.

If you can help out, please post here, send me a pm, or send me an email ([email protected]).

Level 7
There is some rocks which you can upgrade to towers or just let them stand, as a maze. You can also remove them, but you have to create a way so that the creeps can get to the other side. Or else they just make a way by themself's

Level 3
K the first one sounds pretty good but, like the wand_mirror said youll run into balancing issues which will take a while to work out. The second one sounds like it will be to confusing for players and for the people making the map. But ill be willing to help you out with some maps if youd like that.

Level 12
The second idea sounds like a premade eeve td. But it would require even more strategy than eeve.

Also, I hope this idea will be a solo td, cause then u can add in a way to start it when you are ready to start (u have a path ready) which will make it easier on beginners.

As for the waypoint idea, that would give people who play tds all the time a whole new look into TDs in regards to this map.

Sounds like a stellar idea!

Level 3
Wow thanks for the great feedback, haven't checked this thread in awhile. Like I said before, email me ([email protected]) or PM me here on these forums if you'd like to help make these ideas, either one, possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.