• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TD like wintermaul wars or line tower wars help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I want to make a td where you maze and have to defend against an ai controlled opponent who sends waves of units at you. But i can never figure out how to stop the player from completely blocking the row off with towers. In line tower wars, theres one unit that attacks your buildings if you block, and WMW the creeps attack if you block... anyhelp would be appreciated. + rep for an answer :D

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You send invisible units through that can attack the towers but can not kill them. If it detects blocking (they start to attack towers) then you eithor clear the blockage (force sale of the attacked tower) or you give the player a few seconds to manuallf fix the problem before forcing the sale of a tower.

Level 8
You send invisible units through that can attack the towers but can not kill them. If it detects blocking (they start to attack towers) then you eithor clear the blockage (force sale of the attacked tower) or you give the player a few seconds to manuallf fix the problem before forcing the sale of a tower.

how would it detect blocking? is that a confusing and long trigger? if it is im just going to use the unbuildable path

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
before it closes, I got an idea. You could also make a trigger, that will detect when the creep is blocked (since he will attack the tower, trigger event should be unit attacks), and then, remove it's collision, and order to move again. That way, people won't have problems with mazing if that is ok with you, and they will have more space.
Hope that helped =)

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
There is action for it. You can find it easly in Trigger/Actions/Unit
Collision is something that makes 2 units unable to be at the same place. Hope you get it. Maybe I got a better explaination, if you run into a building, u won't pass it through, instead, you will get a headache xD
If the unit's collision is turned off, he will be able to go through a building =)

Status
Not open for further replies.