• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recruiting 3 or more Beta Testers for Loka Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
EDIT-
Maybe i should not call this *recruiting*. This is not a serius recruitment, you only have to be willing to play the map a few times.
-

Hello. In this thread im trying to find some who want to test the Beta version of my TD-Wars map, Loka Wars. The name of the map is yet to be decided, but i'll call the project Loka Wars, and 'till i come up with a better name, also the map will be called this.

I will give you a brief introduction to the map:

Loka Wars

Maptype: TD - Wars
Number of players: 4 - 2v2 teamgame
Mapsize: 64x64 - playable 56x56

Gameplay

The goal in this map is quite simple, as in most TDs, build "towers" and prevent units from getting past your area. In a TD-Wars you're supposed to also send those "creeps" to your enemies, which, obviusly, are supposed to get through your enemies towers.

Sending creeps increases your income, which is given in gold every 30 seconds to you. Use the gold to build towers, research upgrades, send troops and so on.

You win the game when the opposite team has let a specified number of creeps go through their area. This number is supposed to be set by the host in the first few seconds of the game, and representing the difficulty of the game.

So, this TD-Wars is not remarkable in any way, but my goal is not to create an all original map unlike no other. I'm trying to pick out what i like in a TD, add my own ideas, and create a map which is fun to play.
As in many TD's, you select your race in the beginning. Right now i have 5 races ready, and i think they will be enough to start with. Each race has its own specialities, strentghts or weaknesses. Here is the very, very short introductions to them:

Arcane Order
The Arcane Order is an old group of wizards, using magical powers to take the command and reclaim their lost reign.

Dark Spear Tribe
The Dark Spear Tribe is represented by cunning trolls using wicked tricks and curses to bring their enemies down.

Warriors of Elune
The Warriors of Elune Night Elves that has sworn to defend these lands with their lives, using their great skills in ranged attacks.

Tech Industry
The tech Industry uses higly advanced technology to create the defence needed to defend their grounds.

Maelic Brotherhood
The Maelic Brotherhood is a feared sect of cunning wizards, using dark and forbidden magic to torture and kill their enemies.

Those five races each include (at the moment):
- 2 basic "barracks" with creeps to send (every race has the same basic barrack)
- 1 towerbuilder, with one "special" spell
- 6 towers
- 1 main building
- 2 upgrades
- 2 special creep-units to send

To this more will be added, such as towers, upgrades and atleast two more creep-units.

The map is also supposed to feature:
- Several shops where to buy item-towers, but only one of them (random) will show in game.
- Several shops where to buy item-scrolls with spells, but only one of them (random) will show in game.

-----------

Thats all for now, some screenshots are attached below aswell.

I will not add much more right now. The idea is to really test the map out now, to get a early grip of how things really are working out in-game.

So, since this is a 2v2 game i dont need many testers, but the more eyes and brains the better. I dont require much of the testers, but you should at least have played a TD-wars before (dont worry, i havent played many at all) and be able to play the map a few times.

Thats it! If you want to test the map a few times with me and some other guys report in here, and of course feel free to ask questions here aswell!

Attachments

• Screenies.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Level 3
im available to test it

bnet name: Reager
whisper me and if im not playing with my clan ill be glad to test it.

Level 6
Oh. You two saved my day!

Ok. I have a friend i could get to test it im sure. Then we'll make 4 players. There is no rush, ill just whisper you as you said when im ready and youre online. There are a few things more to fix. I dont have time today... :(, but ill just check when im online.

This is hardly a real "beta" test. The map is not near finished. But its playable.

You will hear from me. Someone more interested, sign up yer Bnet account here and ill whisper you if youre online.

Level 6
Oh, sorry reager, I have been working very much these last three days (monday to wednesday) since i had to finish alot of stuff before going on vacation for a week and a half. But now im off! Home for 11 days, and ill surely be online now.

I have to fix a few things, then im ready to test it. Stay tuned!

My bnet name: Loka-Lingon

Level 6
thats cuz im offline atm :) , must be able to test-map all the time :=

i checked in bnet half an hour ago, but u were not on. ill be heading down to the grosery store, will take 15 mins, then ill be back and we can play some... allright?

Status
Not open for further replies.