• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recoloring Transparent Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings fellow modellers!
Today I have a rather simple question that I cannot seem to understand.
I have tried to add a recoloring geoset animation to a geoset that also uses transparency filter (All in magos), at first it all seems fine, but when I reload the model in magos or import it ingame, the recolored/transparent geoset completely disappears. It has bothered me a bit for some time now, so I wondered if you guys found a way around it or if it's happening to you at all.
Thanks in advance!

Level 18
For some reason this sometimes screws up the geoset animation alpha, setting it to a very small number which is practically as good as 0 as Transparent does not display alpha values below 1. Try to manually (in Notepad) set the alpha and color for that geoset animation. And whatever you do, edit in MDL and not MDX, this has been known to screw with geoset alpha as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.