• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recent Server Downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
As many people have noticed, Hive was down for a while yesterday.* We even got the usual "what happened to Hive?" thread over on The Helper, which is always a nice addition. :p The power went out, so the server went down. Just in case you were curious. So nothing terrible happened, and welcome back. :)

*Depending on where you live, this may be inaccurate.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
This is the 2nd time it happens and we have been running since february 2008.

We have an awfully stable power grid in Denmark.

But I promise you guys, if it starts happening often I will purchase a UPS for us so we won't have any problems.

Actually the first time it happened, it happened 3 times in a single day but the outages was short enough to not even turn off the server. However there were some read errors in the log because the HDDs had started to spin down in that split second. But the RAM was kept and THW kept serving :p

After I have moved to Copenhagen, the outage stuff will take a bit longer because I had to call my dad this morning to get him to turn on the server. He knew we had a power outage and is now informed that if it happens again, he will turn on the server ;)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Atleast the hive is back up!

Fixed said:
This is the 2nd time it happens and we have been running since february 2008.

We have an awfully stable power grid in Denmark.

But I promise you guys, if it starts happening often I will purchase a UPS for us so we won't have any problems.

Actually the first time it happened, it happened 3 times in a single day but the outages were short enough to not even turn off the server. However there were some read errors in the log because the HDDs had started to spin down in that split second. But the RAM was kept and THW kept serving :p

After I moved to Copenhagen, the outage stuff will take a bit longer because I had to call my dad this morning to get him to turn on the server. He knew we had a power outage and is now informed that if it happens again, he will turn on the server ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yayoi said:
I hate to nagg but I revised your post 4 u ralle (Duno why I did but I did)

Okay.
1. nagg = Not in my dictionary.
2. 4 = That's not the way to write "for".
3. u = Why not use "you", for instance?
4. Duno = Proper is "don't know".
5. A comma after "but".
6. A full stop after closed bracket.

You dare fix anybody's posts? Shame on you! I'd put an "xD" here now, but I am afraid that'd be considered a "wording error".

Yayoi said:
Only edited a comma and removed a word, Hate it when I notice wording errors...
Why is "H" uppercase? xD - holy shit, a wording error

Back from fun to topic:
Anyway, nice to see it up and running. I thought it was my browser and DNS stuff (as usual), but apparently I was wrong.

Level 17
Damn.
Now I am going to have to clean off all the bloody messages I wrote with my own head-blood after banging my head on the keyboard all night screaming "WHY!?!? OH DEAR GOD, WHY?!?!?!"

I love you hive.

Level 19
Hmm... Hive is 1 year old now... Lets wait for her second birthday next year...

PS: What's the birthdate of Hive again...?

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Level 19
There was another forum problem today, but it lasted for a few minutes, sorry, just to let you guys know if it's just me or the whole forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.