• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recent change in the resource threads - is this intentional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Ralle updated the engine, the resources are seen like "any other thread". But that's the problem.

Before, no matter on what page you were of the resource comments you would see the first post (containing model information, SS and download) above the others.

attachment.php

Now, when you are in the second page or more, you can't see the resource anymore. You need to go back to the first page to see it again.

attachment.php

I prefer the older setup bigtime, cause while you would read the comments, you could check it instantly in the screenshot, or you could read some feedbacks and decide to download the resource for these being positive...

Anyhow, I ask myself if that change was intentional or you didn't realize it...

Thanks

Attachments

• vbex1.PNG
    vbex1.PNG
    41.1 KB · Views: 219
  • vbex2.PNG
    vbex2.PNG
    129.2 KB · Views: 258

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I didn't like the fact that the map information and details showed on all pages. On resources with large descriptions, you'd need to scroll down a lot.
Plus, there was a bug with post selection, for us moderators, on the first post of every page (it selected the resource, not the post), save page number 1.

This was for the better, in my opinion.

Level 1
I didn't like the fact that the map information and details showed on all pages. On resources with large descriptions, you'd need to scroll down a lot.
Plus, there was a bug with post selection, for us moderators, on the first post of every page (it selected the resource, not the post), save page number 1.

This was for the better, in my opinion.
Rui there can be an alternate scenario by which the scrolling can be taken care of. If possible add a button "To the bottom of description" or "to bottom of thread" or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.