• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Read this! (If you like Azurot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Well maybe not, but who gives a rats ass; you came, didn't you?

"I certainly did" - M0rbid

Azurot's
Showcase

Morning Joy
177798-albums5327-picture54607.png

Meditation
177798-albums5327-picture54603.png

Morning Crossing
177798-albums5327-picture54606.png

Fateless Temple
177798-albums5327-picture54608.png

The Great Plain
177798-albums5327-picture54605.png

Memorial Sunrise
177798-albums5327-picture54604.png

Kroa
177798-albums5327-picture54602.png

The Watcher
177798-albums5327-picture54610.png

Ancient Storm
177798-albums5327-picture54842.png

Big Sky
177798-albums5327-picture55606.png

Cave Ruins
177798-albums5327-picture57724.png

-Edit:Added "Kroa" (12/16/2011)
-Edit:Added "Meditation", "Memorial Sunrise", "The Great Plain" and "Glacial Expanse" (12/30/2011)

-Edit:In the process of completely redoing the entire thread, bare with me. (12/31/2011)
-Edit:Added "Ancient Storm" 1/10/2012
-Edit:Added "Big Sky" 2/11/2012
-Edit:Added "Cave Ruins" also added thumbnails, for well, the sake of having thumbnails. They are in no particular order however, so good luck with that! 4/30/2012

Attachments

• Cave Ruins.png
    Cave Ruins.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,238
  • Ancient Storm.png
    Ancient Storm.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 266
  • Fateless Temple.png
    Fateless Temple.png
    978.6 KB · Views: 214
  • Glacial Expanse.png
    Glacial Expanse.png
    979.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Kroa.png
    Kroa.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 232
  • Memorial Sunrise.png
    Memorial Sunrise.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 198
  • Meditation.png
    Meditation.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 195
  • Morning Crossing.png
    Morning Crossing.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 309
  • Morning Joy.png
    Morning Joy.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 245
  • The Great Plain.png
    The Great Plain.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 172
  • The Watcher.png
    The Watcher.png
    943 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Level 23
Lovely - that is for the first screen - which I simply love. There might be a few minor flaws, but I do not feel like searching for them, because I am to happy with what I see. So I will leave it to fladdermasken, Keiji and those other skilled reviewers...
The second one is nice aswell, however I feel like the foreground could use some more work, basically I dislike the tiles/ground. Maybe it's to empty, maybe it's to monotone, it just does not fit the very nice background. I suggest you try working on that.

Allow me to contribute to your thread title :p Because, yeah, I need to spoil some fun, because that is fun to do so.

Level 36
I'm loving the first screenshot, you have such a lovely way of making mountains look extremely natural in your terrains, if anything I would like to point out that vuongkkk is entirely wrong.
- Or, that I find the wierd light green "leaf" things on the ground to be a bit too brightly tinted, you should make those darker by some means.

As for the second one, I really don't dig the angle, that and I honestly do not get the feeling of there being much going on, it's rather bland and boring to look at, especially when followed up by the first one. I love the lighting and fog work in it, but I find the trunks of the trees to seem a little to dominative, and the leaves up front on the camera also taking up a bit too much space, not to mention that when their this close, they really don't look too good. Same thing with the "leaf" things on the ground, maybe it's lillies? I'm really not sure what they are :p

The second one could do with a more interesting focal point.

Overall though, good job indeed Sir.

personally i think you should see about removing the laser beams out of the clouds in the first picture. it might be a bit difficult with the sun you're using and all that but it'd definitely be better if the clouds weren't indefinite gateways to heaven. also the trees in the distance kinda look like a single line, these kinds of things look muuch better if they go for a while and actually shrink in size too, to kind of display the forest has boundaries in the foothills of the mountains or so

Level 14
Haha, thank you very much kind sir, Morbid. The addition was greatly needed.

As for everybody else, thanks for the comments, I really do appreciate any and all suggestions, however this particular map was not saved correctly so I'll just keep your ideas in mind for future reference. Thanks!

I will, however, keep this thread as updated as possible. With that said, "Kroa" has been added to the initial post.

Level 18
Nice one but i think you should smooth the hill a bit more in the front of the waterfall and the color of the waterfall doesn´t really fit with the things around it (in my opinion) and maybe more variation in trees. Besides this i must say i like the terrain it somehow reminds me of Avatar :p

Level 34
The last one's sky is way too bright, and foreground is too pointy, and the island/boulder-thing is unnatural looking. Not sure if it's the rocks poorly meshed together, or that trees are sticking out of them.

The first two are good.

Level 16
The first picture is your best from this gallery, It has a natural feeling to it. I would make it a a poste and put it in my room.
The second one in my opinion needs a little bit of contrast on the foreground, some less darker ground shadows. The way the foreground leaves look separate to the ground region in front is nice but it gives me a cave like atmosphere, impresion. You could work more on it or leave it like so, it's all personal preferences but it's not as spectacular as the first Image.

Level 14
I'm guessing it's dawn lighting and fogged sky, complemented by B2M's cloud model.

Close :D - Midnight lighting, and I do believe that the skybox is that of the Lordaeron Winter (Pink), with the clouds being Tobyfat's rendition of b2m's cloud models, given different coloration based on how far they were from the source. But all the same, you got it pretty close!

Level 34
I like Meditation. I would suggest changing the flora. Perhaps using a variety, especially different grasses, scaling them smaller, and using way more so the textures look good.

Either way, it's my favorite.

Level 16
wow! Big Sky looks great. I would like to see you master the galaxy editor. Making a terrain with a more powerful graphic engine shud be a lot easier - or so I thought but, it is actually in a different realm of its own and requires reinventing the techniques. Making a 3d image look estetic is harder than it looks!

Sadly I broke my LCD monitor and don't have the option of making cool hd terrain anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.