• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rating System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hello everyone, I have searched for posts on this topic and the few that I have found are old, in any case, if there are any other recent posts on this, I apologize.

In general the forum works nice, I think that all the staff do an excellent job but there is something that, as someone who uploads content to the forum, I find it quite annoying. I don't care about the score given to my content, it isn't relevant for me if it has a 5 or a 1, but what is relevant and I care a lot, at least to me, are the comments. For that reason, regardless of the score someone has given me, I find it very annoying that a user scores without having commented.

I know that this can cause some not to score, but I don't care, what is sought in a forum of this type is feedback, it's what I'm looking for. And the rated without comment does not contribute anything. That is why I propose that a resource cannot be scored without having commented before.

Regards.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I don't care about the score given to my content, it isn't relevant for me if it has a 5 or a 1, but what is relevant and I care a lot, at least to me, are the comments. For that reason, regardless of the score someone has given me, I find it very annoying that a user scores without having commented.
That won't help since many if not most of those who silently rate will give comments like "bad" or "great", not something useful, really.
We used to require a comment to rate. It was an oversight from me when I made HIVE 3. It's on my list
The issue is that rating a resource will then give users +1 experience for the post.

Level 23
That won't help since many if not most of those who silently rate will give comments like "bad" or "great", not something useful, really.
I have a more "severe" way to control random scores, but I don't know if it is applicable or not. I think that with the level system that is established in the forum, a direct relationship could be made, let me explain.

I would propose to limit who can score a resource, for example, only those with a certain level or more can score. And this, coupled with the already established likes system, could perhaps work, but I don't know if applying this measure ends up causing 90% of the resources to go unrated, which would not seem like a drama to me either. But it's just my opinion.

Regards.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I would propose to limit who can score a resource, for example, only those with a certain level or more can score. And this, coupled with the already established likes system, could perhaps work, but I don't know if applying this measure ends up causing 90% of the resources to go unrated, which would not seem like a drama to me either. But it's just my opinion.
Yeah, the issue lies with past rated resources. Their rating should also be modified in the same manner and that might be a nuisance to program to change, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.