• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rank System V 1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Vengeancekael
This rank system adds points for killing units and casting. For each unit you kill you get 1 point each time you cast a spell you get level of ability being cast x 2. Every 50 points you gain a rank, which is displayed to you. By typing -rank you can check the amount of points you have, the rank you are at, and the points for the next rank.
All of this is editable within the triggers easily. You can save your points for another time you play the map.

Thanks to TriggerHappy for his save/load code.
Thanks to all who comment and find bugs.
If used give credit in map and maybe send a link :)
Changelog:
------ V 0.7 -------
fixed the bonuses.( I had accidentally took out a trigger) (false)
------ V 0.8 -------
Edited some colors.
Fixed bugs and mistakes pointed out by Kola.
Fixed some spelling.
------ V 0.9 -------
Fixed the bonuses once again.
No more continous Ranks.
------ V 1.0 -------
Fixed the Save/Load Code

Keywords:
Rank system, Rank, Points, Spells, Systems, Levels, GUI, Triggers, Save , Load.
Contents

Just another Warcraft III map (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 18:38, 17th Jun 2010 Hanky: To prevent bugs (since it's just MPI) you should add "the main hero" to a group (for example "ranking group"). After you have added him to your ranking...

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

18:38, 17th Jun 2010
Hanky:
To prevent bugs (since it's just MPI) you should add "the main hero" to a group (for example "ranking group"). After you have added him to your ranking group you could add a condition which proves if the hero is in the ranking group. With this way you would make it possible that the player could have two heros but the system still works correct. After you have done this message me or one of the other spell moderators.

Level 31
its cool... but the bonus dont work... also.. its in MPI and not in MUI so when the message says ''World Edit : Mountain King : has been promoted'' its false cuz if you have more than 1 hero and that you are lvl staff sergent, and that with your new hero u do some kills... when he will be promoted for the first time it will say.. ''world Editor : New Hero Name : Staff Sergent II''... also.. i think the bonus needs to be for the player... like.. getting money or things like this... except that its all good i think.. i didnt check if it was leaking... and i checked the triggers pretty fast...

So, you need to fix the Message and the bonus.

also.. are you real138 of MMU? if yes.. im raven :p

Level 31
hmmm.. there is some bug... first... clicking the ability and Stoping (''S'') will give points (by stopping (''S'') the ability isnt casted so you loose no mana and there is no couldown... second, when you reach the last rank, it continue to rank u but... it doesnt say any rank... it just says ''World Edit : Has been promoted to ''
also... the bonus is still the same? just remove it and say in the Description to add a bonus if they want... lol

To fix the Ability problem i think its just cuz the event of the trigger is

• Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
To fix it make it this way

• Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
And use the second way in every spell u make... or it will always do the same Stopping (''S'' hot key) bug...

Last edited:
Level 15
ah ok must of missed the casting part :/ fixed that.
think i fixed the continued ranking.
and the bonus i think i fixed also.
going to test now. gonna edit in a bit

Edit: bonus has been fixed works fine.
still working on the ranks
EDIT2: fixed.

Last edited:
Level 5
So i try to copy this trigger(s) Then it shows Error. And disables triggers. Why?
Any solution? :s

Level 5
My screenshot thing dont want to work -_-
But here is what it is written

-------------------
Scrip errors
-------------------
2 compile errors

Line 5113: Expected a name (When i press it its written like this)
set udg_Code = SaveLoad_Encode()

Line 5172: Expected a name (when i press it its written like this)
set udg_Validate = SaveLoad_Decode( udg_Code )

This happens when i paste the Save/Load rank code and then save my map.

Level 4
nice job ..i was ready to use it but there is a big problem

when u save it and next time u load u cant take more Promotes and when u type -rank shows NEXT PROMOTE 50 while u have 500 xp :p fix it and ill rate it 5

Level 15
ok it seems acehart's save/load has magically stopped working... ill be replacing it with another one. please wait while i update this. thanks guys for pointing this stuff out :)

EDIT: ok using TriggerHappy's save/load system now. all works fine :)

Last edited:
Level 2
When I saved my map I got a trigger disabled message with the save/load part. I don't know if it's my fault or not though because I'm a slight noob with triggers :)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 113
  • untitled1.JPG
    untitled1.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 136
  • untitled2.JPG
    untitled2.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 96
Level 2
I encountered another script error with the jass now lol... Sorry for the trouble my nobishness is bringing :(

thanks again :)

Attachments

• untitledJASS1.JPG
    untitledJASS1.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 126
  • untitledJASS2.JPG
    untitledJASS2.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 99
Level 15
hmm i have no idea... i haven't been able to reproduce this error.

EDIT: ok i got it all you gotta do is in your new map Create a variable with these specifics:

Var Name: SaveItem
Var Type : Item Type
Array : True

That should work. what happened was when you copied the triggers into the map it decided not to recreate this one variable.... i think that was because i deleted a unneeded function from the gui part and only does gui use the variable editor. so SaveItem was never declared.
Hope that works :)

Level 1
hi how can i change amount of ex needed becouse when i try to change from 50 to 200 its still not working when i get 50 exp i have a pramotion but i need on 200 how can i do that ??

Level 1
and what about load system when i import in my map its have errors what shuold i do i have errors with this Custom script: call CG_Init()
what shuold i do?