• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Random Melee

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I once thought about playing a melee map and didn't know which one i should play. So I started my World Editor and created this random melee map generator.
Things that are missing in this version are cliffs, water and doodads. Everything else works fine.

Keywords:
Random, Melee, Death_X
Contents

Random Melee (Map)

Reviews
00:58, 18th Jun 2010 VGsatomi: rejected. The generated start positions are often faulty, causing players to be defeated at the initialization of the map.

M

00:58, 18th Jun 2010
VGsatomi: rejected. The generated start positions are often faulty, causing players to be defeated at the initialization of the map.

Level 4
Thank you :), I dont know how often you tried the map but it even generates different weather (summer, fall, winter).
I thought about adding some more tilesets to it (e.g. cityscape). Also i have not restricted the camera bound. That will be done in RC3 i think.

Level 22
Barathrum's Review (Mini Moderator)

Description (Includes THW description and map description:"

THW Description: Very short (+1)
Map Description: Very short (+1.5)

Terrain:

Even tho you made a terrain generator, i've restarted 6 times, everytime i'd give it 1/10. (+1)

Gameplay:

Due to bad terrain i left the game immediately, i'd say very bad.
I also noticed 2 times from 6 trys, it happened that player 2 was inside black land. And also in 1 run it happened: yellow and teal were completely by each other- their gold mines were around 400 range away.
They coulden't even do nothing, they were simply fighting for the base all game... (+0)

Gold mines:

Bad placed (+3)
Creeps:

They are random placed, have no drops... (+3)
Drops:

No drops (+0)
Natural Buildings:

As all the other: just random placed... (+5)
Aditional Information:

Score Board:

0%-49% = 1/5 vote for rejection
50%-60% = 2/5 but i vote for reviewed
61%-70% = 2/5 but i vote for Aproval
71%-80% = 3/5 vote for aproval
81%-92% = 4/5 vote for aproval
93%-100% = 5/5 vote for aproval
Results:

Total: 14.5/70
= 20.7%/100%

Vote for Aproval?= No
Vote for Rejection?= Yes
Vote for Reviewed?= No

Level 1
The spawns are waay too close. Mine and my enemy's townhall was literally touching eachother... We had a brutal militiawar.

Level 2
I like the idea but generated maps are extremely bland and many times happened that some player was just missing.