• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Random Melee Map Generator

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Meegot Inc. Presents:

Random Melee Map Generator
Created by Doomguy80

Map Info:

This map, generates a map for you to play on, that is entirely random. From the random terrain to the random player spawn locations, and from the random Gold Mines locations to the randomly placed trees, this is a map gauranteed to give you a different play experience every time!

Features:

This map doesn't include many noteworthy features besides the fact that it is unprotected. You can steal the triggers as long as you give me credit in your map.

Screenshots:

Image Description:
What it looks like in game:

227673-albums6278-picture67927.jpg

Image Description:
What it looks like in the World Editor:

227673-albums6278-picture67921.jpg

Author's notes:

Map spawns players after 15 seconds, so that it can fully load.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
Contents

Random Melee Map Generator (Map)

Reviews
20:38, 8th Apr 2013 Orcnet: looks like a good idea but sadly it looks very messy and kind of distorted the whole melee genre I mean the trees are scattered everywhere no much doodads containing for details and it lags at the start of the game. But...

M

20:38, 8th Apr 2013
Orcnet: looks like a good idea but sadly it looks very messy and kind of distorted the whole melee genre I mean the trees are scattered everywhere no much doodads containing for details and it lags at the start of the game. But since you made such an idea how about make a map that randomizes the tileset(except for the cliffs and the tileset it use) and trees by descending into a specific theme. E.x the map randomizes into an ashenvale tileset and tree set then so on

overall the map is not a good fit but my revision will somehow redeem the whole situation

Level 30
looks like a good idea but sadly it looks very messy and kind of distorted the whole melee genre I mean the trees are scattered everywhere no much doodads containing for details and it lags at the start of the game. But since you made such an idea how about make a map that randomizes the tileset(except for the cliffs and the tileset it use) and trees by descending into a specific theme. E.x the map randomizes into an ashenvale tileset and tree set then so on

overall the map is not a good fit but my revision will somehow redeem the whole situation

Level 9
looks like a good idea but sadly it looks very messy and kind of distorted the whole melee genre I mean the trees are scattered everywhere no much doodads containing for details and it lags at the start of the game. But since you made such an idea how about make a map that randomizes the tileset(except for the cliffs and the tileset it use) and trees by descending into a specific theme. E.x the map randomizes into an ashenvale tileset and tree set then so on

So, what you are saying is that if I do a Sunken Ruins tileset, and then transition into a Northrend tileset, that would work?

If so then I would probably be able to do it, but if not then could you explain further?