• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Raise Dead on Skeletons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Thank you for the small amount of advice, but if anyone can fix this problem I will give them rep.
Fix as in tell me a way to Raised Dead on Skeletons.

If you need more information about exactly what my map is doing or what I want if it will help fix the problem don't be afraid to ask.

Level 17
Maybe try replacing another unit with the model file. Because if a necro could raise the skeletons he would never run out of corpses and this would lead to uber pwnage. Yes, I said uber pwnage.

Level 11
similar to what leet.firefox said. Make the summonable units (the skeletons) a different unit. For example, base them off of a grunt. Base the whole spell off of that, and make the model of the grunt look like a skeleton. See if that works. If not, I dont have another answer for you.

Level 4
Thanks everyone.
First of all I have tried everything BUT changing the model etc.
I has the death animation time at 60.
I have changed it to DOES decay still says there are no usable corpses nearby.

So still looking for an answer.
Still giving out rep.

Level 8
I'm not exactly sure what you mean but can't you trigger to create a corpse when a skele dies?

EDIT: oh yeh Bloody_Turds said that.

Level 13
i don't know what you are doing to prevent skeletons from being raised. all you have to do is make the units you want raisable to can raise does decay. and don't try copy pasting that because that won't work. here is my test map it seems to work just fine for me.

if you are testing it and you think it's not working...here is a tip for you...
after you see the skeleton corpse disappear, then shortly after that you can raise skeletons from that corpse, which you cannot see anymore. heh. i think that's just because the way the model works. the actual corpse disappearing thing is more of part of the death animation thing which it sounds like you were editing, which is not necessary. the longer your death animation, the longer you have to wait for the corpse for you to raise it. technically skeletons don't have corpses so you don't see any corpse but it is there as an invisible corpse until it finishes decaying.

but yeah i'm 99 percent sure your problem is the sixty second death animation time you set. that means you have to wait for the full minute death animation to pass before you can raise the corpse. that and the fact that you seem to think that you have to revive a unit while it is dying. when you revive a hero you cannot begin to revive it until it finishes it's death animation. it's the same thing with the rod of necromancy, and the same thing with the necromancer raise dead ability. you have to wait until the unit finishes dying before you can raise it. in the case of a skeleton, the skeleton has to disappear before you can revive it. because it's death animation finishes at that point. it looks a little funny having necromancer cast raise dead on the ground itself...

you could try adding doodad of corpses trigger for visual. i think they did something like this in undead missions in TFT in single player if i am not mistaken. this will make the whole effect of what you're trying to do seem more realistic. i recommend this. anyway to do what you want to do like i said all you have to do is edit that one entry for the unit you need to raise. i'm not sure if this is the case with mechanical...we can test that too if need be...just go to the siege engine and do the same thing i did with the skeletons. oh and add a few raiders so you can kill the tank faster lol.

Attachments

• test revive skeletons.w3x
    19 KB · Views: 49
Level 4
The death animation is now set at the default, it has been like that for awhile, whatever it is 5.02? Anyways I do have a custom ability to Raise Dead, all I am trying to do is get a necromancer to be able to raise skeletons after they have died. But it keeps saying there are no usable corpses nearby.

Level 13
dude when two people send you test maps showing that they can do what you're asking and you try to put the solution into your map and fail, it's time to show us your map so we can show you what you failed to do or else do it for you. or, if need be, and i'm hoping it's the case for your sake, we can fix whatever is the obstacle in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.