• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Transforming Raise Dead into a spell that kills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Transforming Raise Dead into a spell that kills?

Hello, I am trying to Change a copy of Raise Dead into a spell that targets a living unit and creates a skeleton warrior from them. I believe how ever that Raise Dead can only Target corpses. i may need to copy and Edit Dark Arrow. i would like an opinion on this. i haven't touched the world editor in years and i am not skilled in with triggers.

Last edited:
Level 13
That cant be done with animated dead ability but can with Orc -War stomp (stun),make damage and area effect to 0

POINT and UNITGROUP are variables and you need to create them (new action>click s>edit variables>.....)
  • Animated Dead (Ability> Orc - War Stomp (stun)
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
    • Actions
      • Set POINT = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set UNITGROUP = (Units within 600.00 of POINT matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True))
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_POINT)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UNITGROUP and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to (Owner of (Casting unit)) and Change color
          • Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a <Your Skeleton> using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_UNITGROUP)
you could kill picked unit
set POINT_2 = position of picked unit
-create skeleton for owner of unit (casting unit) at position of (POINT_2)
call RemoveLocation(udg_POINT_2)

but that way could make some small lags (if you kill and create a lot of units)

creating special effect would be better
after using it- destroy last created special effect

show me your trigger when you do it so i can check if it leaks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.