• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rail Shooter like game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
You could have the terrain be invisible, and have it force the ui key for a shoot ability which will bring up a targeting circle (like Kael's firestorm ability). The camera would be up high pointing straight down.

Not too much you could do with that. Camera moves would be extremely difficult.

The only possible way I can think of doing something like using the mouse to aim is using RTC, and that doesn't work for 1.24
Are they going to update it to work for 1.24? And i've seen the mouse used like that before. It was a game called Sauron's revenge or something your cursor is like a croshair and when you click it shoots a projectile.

Level 8
Dude, take a step back. Warcraft 3 is an RTS. It's amazing some of the things people have done with it. There's a difference between pushing the envelope and wasting your time.

Warcraft 3 can't normally detect where the mouse is. If something requires mods to work, then it has virtually no multiplayer potential as most people don't want to be bothered with figuring out how to install the damned things.

dude, take a step back. Warcraft 3 is an rts. It's amazing some of the things people have done with it. There's a difference between pushing the envelope and wasting your time.

Warcraft 3 can't normally detect where the mouse is. If something requires mods to work, then it has virtually no multiplayer potential as most people don't want to be bothered with figuring out how to install the damned things.
reeeeeeelax!

Level 12
Dude, take a step back. Warcraft 3 is an RTS. It's amazing some of the things people have done with it. There's a difference between pushing the envelope and wasting your time.

Actually, you can use trackables, but it may be buggy. Plus, trackables don't have Triggering Player detection, so you'll have to use hashtable as well.

Level 14
A little question to you Total_Warrior:

how much experience do you have in the world editor?

are you a beginner gui user, advanced gui user, expert gui user or a
beginner jass user, advanced jass user, expert jass user or a
beginner vjass user, advanced vjass etc...

have you ever worked with programs like RTC?

tell us how good you are in editing with the world editor before starting this huge and *nearly* impossible project ;)

because first of all: this is going to be really really hard to make and you will definitly need a team of good developers if you dont want to make a life-time project out of this on your own.

then second of all: you need to make people enthousiastic in your game so they might want to join you in your project.

then third: if you are planning to make a game this big I should make a deadline if I where you... (and don't make the time that you have to spend small, if you think this project is way above your skills then don't start it because you will probably not learn much of it while you sit back and watch other people program the game for you...)

Tell us something more about yourself and about how you are planning to start this project...

You now know that it is possible but now you need to have a commitment for this...

Level 14
I know............... -.-
The starcraft WE is very very very more advanced than the Wc3 one, and could be used to create a map like that.

sorry I thought you where referring to the game not the editor ;( forgive me :D

Level 14
lol if you dont know anything about triggers (GUI) GUI = Graphical User Interface which basically means: click and create your script ;)
or anything about the scripting language behind triggers (jass)

then I'd suggest you'd never think of even making a game this complicated without having basic knowledge...

If I where a newbie in the world editor I wouldn't ask people to help me with creating the largest mmorpg on warcraft 3 eather, get my point ^^?

and telling us about yourself was meant to referr to how well you know the world editor...

There is no need this will be just a short mini game
so your saying you want to create this game without using jass or vjass or gui or anything like that? Now THAT is a challenge! I envy your courage XD
this game is BIG and not just some kind of mini-game implemented into a map ;)

I heard RTC doesn't work with current version of war3

it does work with the current version (which is the frozen throne) but I don't know about the current (PATCH) there's a difference ;)
and also... if you want to make this game then RTC disables the ability to play it on battle.net (which isnt the only way to play it online though)

just drop the idea of making this game and you'll do fine :thumbs_up:

Level 14

with my sightseeing powers I can see into the future and there are a few things about to happen:

1. an unfinished fail map

2. a verry verry frustrated person trying to commit suicide

3. a mourning familie

4. someone in this thread who was right about this all along...:mwahaha:

give up, your never gonna make it :mwahaha:

• Angry
Reactions: Rui
with my sightseeing powers I can see into the future and there are a few things about to happen:

1. an unfinished fail map

2. a verry verry frustrated person trying to commit suicide

3. a mourning familie

4. someone in this thread who was right about this all along...:mwahaha:

give up, your never gonna make it :mwahaha:
Hey why don't you **** yourself you little ***** ****ing *******? You should @@@@@@ @@@@@@@ for being a **** head on a forum.
Seriously let's not do this,i've been through this before. It will end up with me being right and proving some point and you crying and getting pissed off.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui

N.O

N.O

Level 6
Woah, I am now sad I looked in here, reminds me of a certain arguemnt I had with a jass user... err nvm that. I can point out now that you do not need RtC to do this but mouse detection is not easy but it is possible because I have done it using my special GUI aready as well it can be done in jass but not normal GUI/BGUI(Blizzard's GUI).
I also did this before 1.24 patch breaking the return thing with VJass and it was a mouse turning camera with esc key to fire(didn't feel like making mouse click) which I am trying to fix and I might try to get it in the spell section which is doubtful considering how messy it is now.

Hashjie you shouldn't argue like that because its just sad to see someone go down so low just over the internet and as well you are wrong about almost everything or everything, not sure yet but I will determine the full answer to that soon.

Level 9
This can be done in GUI easily using these few steps.

Type 1:
1. Setup a camera trigger to stare at the blank ground at a set height
2. Create your dummy units, using pitch and roll angles(Object Editor(Units)) to face upwards. This can be done by setting some values to negative
3. Create a custom ability to shoot and create a trigger to press the abilities' hotkey via Force Game UI. Using this is optional if you want to use left-click. Right-click can be used as an order event trigger
4. Create a trigger that when the mouse is clicked, a projectile is fired going down
4.2. Create another trigger that triggers the damage when a projectile hits a target
5. Create spawn triggers for your enemies to fly upwards via flying height
6. Create a trigger that triggers when your enemies fly to a certain height, you take damage
7. Do as you please and want

N.O

N.O

Level 6
This can be done in GUI easily using these few steps.

Type 1:
1. Setup a camera trigger to stare at the blank ground at a set height
2. Create your dummy units, using pitch and roll angles(Object Editor(Units)) to face upwards. This can be done by setting some values to negative
3. Create a custom ability to shoot and create a trigger to press the abilities' hotkey via Force Game UI. Using this is optional if you want to use left-click. Right-click can be used as an order event trigger
4. Create a trigger that when the mouse is clicked, a projectile is fired going down
4.2. Create another trigger that triggers the damage when a projectile hits a target
5. Create spawn triggers for your enemies to fly upwards via flying height
6. Create a trigger that triggers when your enemies fly to a certain height, you take damage
7. Do as you please and want

That is not how he was asking at first.... he was asking for a mouse on click projectile system and a mouse turning camera, otherwise I woulda said that..
also I mean with all three axis's

Level 14
Seriously who gives a shit if i don't know about jass or gui? World editor help zone is a place for people to learn...

This is the place where people should learn:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorials.php

and I suggest you to take a look in that forum since your saying you dont know anything about the trigger editor which is a big thing in the world editor because without it you can't make this map. Which means people should care to know if you know gui or jass...

the world editor HELP zone is a forum to HELP people. And if you don't know anything about triggers, how are people supposed to help you on a map with triggers? Please visit this thread if you want to learn how to make games in the world editor (I suggest you to learn how the editor works instead of starting a big game without any knowledge that was my whole point about this... And if you think that's stupid then your wrong. It's better to learn before acting):

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/basic-triggering-5885/

I will stop posting in this thread since this clearly only gets ripped off.. Even though its good information.

Have fun creating your map...

EDIT: your question this post above me probably also gets solved if you look into tutorials....

Level 8
No next time you should watch your steps you're the one who is provoking me. Stop trying to be so innocent. Seriously who gives a **** if i don't know about jass or gui? World editor help zone is a place for people to learn...honestly i have to deal with people such as yourself being *******es on the internet often.

You just said that you don't know JASS or GUI, yet you want to take on creating a map that's challenging even for very experienced users such as myself. He was just trying to tell you that. There is only so much we can do to help you. You need to learn JASS, or at the very least, learn GUI.

DO NOT attempt to make this map yet. You need to learn GUI first. Make a smaller, more simple map first. I'd recommend making a cinematic first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.