• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ragnar Flamebeard

Hello again. So... Here is one special model, out of two. This is vrykul Flamebinder.

It is based on wow animations from vrykul male, so credits goes to Blizzard Entertainment for original resource. I made only mesh, wrap, effects and animations edit. I dont want take credits fro esomething I have not done. i dont wanna make all my future models based only on alternated wow animations - nope. Only sometimes I will borrow some of them, that will be harder for me to create as custom.

Also made custom portrait - not based on wow animations, this time W3 themed.

Anyway, enjoy and give credits. (Hope you will enjoy using this ingame textures)

Your SvH

Updated and fixed the problems with attachments origin and overhead.

Fixed the problem with high HP bar!

Click on the icon for download!Bwahahaaa

Keywords:
Vrykul, Hero, Flamebinder, Nord, Northrend, Skyrim, Male, Wizard, Flame, Fireball, Mage, Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzard, Pirate, Viking
Contents

Ragnar Flamebeard (Model)

Ragnar Flamebeard (Model)

Reviews
Misha 16th Sep 2013 Moderator's Review: the weapon attachment doesn't show on the model, health bar/overhead is too high above him, and the 'select area' is too big, so i can't click on smaller units changes made, resource approved

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
16th Sep 2013
Moderator's Review: the weapon attachment doesn't show on the model, health bar/overhead is too high above him, and the 'select area' is too big, so i can't click on smaller units

changes made, resource approved

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Looks awexome and whatnot... But Vrykul (icy viking-esque Northrend-dwelling super-men) have... fire magic? (I guess you could say they need/use it to stay warm, but you could say the same about Ice Trolls or Tuskarr... Makes more sense to say they have Ice Magic through affinity)

Really neat, though.

Level 38
Looks awexome and whatnot... But Vrykul (icy viking-esque Northrend-dwelling super-men) have... fire magic? (I guess you could say they need/use it to stay warm, but you could say the same about Ice Trolls or Tuskarr... Makes more sense to say they have Ice Magic through affinity)

Really neat, though.

Well actually I was inspired by actuall unit in world of warcraft - vrykul flamebinder :D ....

Level 38
Well, Blizzard does all sorts of crazy things, so that's not really a good excuse. Still, like I said, love the model. :p

Well i dont know, in their lore Ymirjar seems to be a good type of using frost and ice magic. Bust I really see much more sense in using fire magic as a nordic race more than ice, they are warriors, conquerors, steeled by ice this is true, but they fit more like a benders of the elements, using flame than frost. if i were a nord, i would use magic that is not typical for environment as a weapon and tool to defend.

This is awesome, great use of in-game textures. I wish other people would learn from this; it gets annoying seeing most models look very similar, easily identifiable what units all of their parts are from. Some people seem to forget that they can still use in-game textures to create something different, and that they aren't limited to having units look the same just because they don't use imports.

5/5.

Level 38
you're kidding me. :p

great model, sellenisko. the texture choice is outstanding. it is quite a big frankenstein of different textures, but looks very consistent.

Thank you :D iam trying really hard to find matching parts of different texture so the results are pretty much the same as is image of the model in my head :D on this one I really took my time and experimented :D I found out that most of my models have quite "big" filesize or comfortable filesize, but if I add custom texture filesie is rapidly increased...So Iam mostly trying to use what I can to have the resource as useasble as I can.

Level 7
Struggling here a bit. How do I make this model use spell attack 2 when using a spell. Do I need 3 separate strings with "spell" "attack" and "2" or do I put all those words in one string? Using 1.27 editor.

Edit 15/05/2022, problem was solved but I've discovered a minor bug with the model when using it in conjuction with Healing Wave - the animations are not adjusted to account for the animation delay caused by this skill, so out of combat you find yourself in situations where Ragnar Flamebeard does the animation for either attack and then when the animation ends, the healing beam comes out of his penis.

Due to not knowing how to control the point of origin for the lighting effect of the skill using Stand Ready was no good because the lighting effect still looked like it came from penis.

Channel Animation worked best, but while out of combat, after you cast the skill, the hero dances with flames in hand, happy that he did sexual healing via the healing powers he bought from the Burning Legion.

Issues were sorted for my map by removing lighting effect and finding a cool target effect.

(was using 1.27 Wc3 editor to make a Demonology based healer for my map)

Last edited: