• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RageFul Frenzies

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

RageFul Frenzies (Map)

Reviews
21:16, 29th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected Whatever.
Level 31
Tell me, who's models are they?

You download those model and used it without knowing who are the author of it?

At hive, map cannot be approve if proper crediting are not provided.

You have 2 option about this issues.

1) Find out the author of the resources.

2) Remove the model and replace it with other model which you known where the sources from.

For your information, using someone else material without crediting them or without permission could resulted into infraction as this is not tolerated.

Rules already written quite clearly about it.

Third Party Material
All maps must give credit to the authors of material included in the map that is not made by the maker. Pirated or stolen content is not permitted.

You agree with the terms and condition of the submission rules before you upload the map, by breaking this rules you could have been banned for about 3 days.

We have once banned a user for about 3 days for uploading map without giving crediting and the map contain stolen material. Of course, the stolen material are what make the staff does the banned action immediately.

Level 31
For your information, it really wouldn't matter to me but I added the credits anyways.

Sure, it doesn't matter to you. But let me ask you 1 question, how do you feel if you work hard in creating a model, skin or spells and yet some asshole just use it without even thanking you?

Infact, this was somehow related to copyright issues; I am lazy to explain this issues cause this issues was once an hot debate back at wc3c and it somehow quite hard to explain it. :hohum:

I forgot to mention that setting your description at hidden tag does not mean it is decent. Like I said in the past, an proper structure are what it does.

Level 28
The "Map is protected and optimized nearly as maximum as it can go." tells me otherwise.
Sounds like you don't want anyone to open your map (and that's also how you reacted when I told you I deprotected it).

You never said that you offer unprotected versions, this is the first time you mention anything like that.
Right after I made a comment about it, coincidence?

Level 6
Two reasons:
- One: Still haven't fixed leaks
- Two: I meant to say corrupted and optimized but nobody understands that unless they read about what protection really does and I never did say I offer unprotected versions.... I said only if the mpq glitch wasn't fixed but it is so no offers.

Dude some users like that one with TAP TAP map, Vengeancekael uploaded UN protected map! I really liked his ideas so I opened them in WE!

Vengeancekael become my best friend here, I created terrain for him for 4 or 5 maps :D
About that Tap Tap, well I fixed all triggers, recreated terrain and cleaned all leaks ^^ (1st map version)

Well ask Septimus if you don't trust me! I am creating terrain and loading Screens for his campaign and he is so lazy that he don't even put me in credits (so far ^^)

Point is that unprotected map can help YOU to learn something faster!

Level 31
- One: Still haven't fixed leaks

Are you kidding me? You protect your map just because you did not fix leak?

Pardon me for express my feeling, but that was rather stupid move and the fps rate would drop heavily and quickly especially when leak trigger was execute frequently.

Protecting it won't do any good if you do not fix the leak, and the fps drop rate are very easy to be noticeable for poor performance computer. Of course, good performance computer took a much longer time to notice it.

That link doesn't help since I know what I am doing and have been doing what that said before even reading it.

What you're saying contradict with what your map content is. Your map still have the newbie mistake such as hotkey issues.

Well ask Septimus if you don't trust me! I am creating terrain and loading Screens for his campaign and he is so lazy that he don't even put me in credits (so far ^^)

As you know, I am busy working on the scripting and I already update the crediting files; but not the crediting thread at the hosted forum.

Level 6
Damn,... this must be the biggest debate I've seen in awhile on a map...

All I've got to say to everybody who has tried to help this person is,
Ignorance is bliss my friends...

Anyways, I will review this map, with a full review since you complained nobody had reviewed the new version yet. I will post my review in a little bit.

EDIT:
CWeener's Review V2.09 Review # 11

Reviewing the map "RageFul Frenzies"

Rating System (in weener points:)

1-10 Originality
1-10 Replayability (discounted for cinematics*)
1-10 Triggering (discounted for protected maps*)
1-10 Terraining
1-10 Object Managing (custom items and destructibles etc...)
1-10 Spells (if applies**)
1-10 Description
1-15 Engaging a.k.a. fun to play
1-15 Misc (size, system implementation, laginess etc...)
-100 or +100 for abiding by THW rules.
* = when one is discounted then other sections maximums are raised, and those sections are judged harder (if your map applies then it will show you what i raised later)
** = some maps dont really need spells so this section is discounted and given an automatic 10.
Rating System Scores

Less than 100 = FF- (Reported, You clearly didnt abide by all of the posting rules, and i have reported you for (not) doing so.)
100-150 Points = F- (Rancid and Needs major work. Vote for Rejection and no +rep.)
151-160 Points = F (Bad and Needs work. vote for Rejection and no +rep.)
161-170 Points = D (Below Average and Needs much updating. has potential. vote for rejection and no +rep.)
171-180 Points = C (Okay but Needs updates. has potential. vote for rejection* and no +rep.)
181-190 Points = B (Good but still not reaching full potential vote for approval but no +rep)
191-199 Points = A (Great and probably has reached full potential**. good job. vote for approval and +rep.)
200 Points = A+ (Amazing, you did everything right and went all out, approval and +rep)

* = depending on the map really, and what categories it scored low in
** = not always but most cases.
RageFul Frenzies Scores

Triggering score not available, so other maximums were raised(see rating system*)

1-11 Originality *5* while this map has unique aspects, it's main concept is not unique.
1-11 Replayabilit5 *6* Gets boring, waiting on slow units...
1-11 Terraining *6* Flat. bad/no use of tiles. no doodads, few trees.
1-11 Object Managing *8* not much work, but not bad work.
1-11 Spells *5?* I don't even recall there being a spell.
1-11 Description *6* put more thought here. Hidden tags dont make it look much better. Look at this review for example,
try to quote it just to see what&how much coding takes to make somethng look good.
1-17 Engaging *10* It engages you i suppose but as I said before, it gets boring.
1-17 Misc *8* no comment.
-100 or 100 Rules *100* :grin:
0-200 All-in-all *156* F (Bad and Needs work. vote for Rejection and no +rep.)

Author's Note,

You could make this much better. I like it but I got bored fast. even with friends. Update.Update.Update. :)
Bugs:
nothing that I could see.

Recommendations:
my dislikes say it all.

[liked]

the trees moving i guess.
custom models...

[didn't like]
No text boxes? I guess you did that on purpose, but I did not lke that effect.
slowest move speed ever...rediculous.
needs AI
small models, and a small base, and a small map.
gross terrain, you probably didn't even use all of your tiles...
no doodads.
protected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
If any map I've reviewed has been updated, feel free the ask me to re-review it. or if I haven't reviewed YOUR map, feel free to ask me. :)
Hope this review doesn't make you too upset. I just grade it like I see it. I did not look at your triggers, but from what Ap0c stated earlier, That probably helped you...

Last edited:
Level 9
seriously warmanta, this 'scene' is similar to what a argument a childcare center will have.

Child: teacher, my art work is beautiful! i want to submit it for competition.
Teacher: no, it isnt colorful and it is horrible.
Child: but i took 3 days to draw this.
Teacher: u took 3 days to draw this crap? i can do it in less than an hour!
Child: i dont care, just accept it.
Teacher: no, improve on it before i will.
Child: oh its so sad nobody likes me bacause my artwork is horrible~

serioulsy, this is what this 'forum' looks like now. warmanta, ur viewed as the child while we are all the teachers. no offence though, but your map really sucks and it can be done really easily. Hard work? Time? bah, if people took so much hard work like you to do such a map, TKoK would never have existed.

Level 5
ok, for you that dont know what upgrades do, here is what they do!
toughening:
base: +10 health
upgrades: +10 health
damage:
base: upgrades critical hit ability by unknown ammount
upgrades: upgrades critical hit ability by unknown ammount
enchant shield:
base: allows units to use a mana shield, 20% absorbed 3 damage/mana
upgrades: (so far unknown)
boots:
base: increases speed by unknown ammount of pixels/second
upgrade: increases speed by unknown ammount of pixels/second
damage upgrade 2:
base: (so far unknown)
upgrade: (so far unknown)
swordsmanship
base: +10 health and increases attack speed by unknown ammount
upgrade: +2 health and increases attack speed by unknown ammount

Due to the fact that this game is unpopular i am unable to gather data about castles.