• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Racial Cursor and Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I'm assuming you can simply overwrite the music (pretaining to each race) in the main war3 archive by using a certain path. However I'm not sure you can do that with the cursor...

Level 3
Just for that map

You could make a trigger

Event: .8 game time seconds pass

Action: Stop all music
Action: Play (Insert new music here)

It might say something like -stop all music for player (#)
Just change it like you want.

Level 6
I guess, you can import cursor and simply overwrite the old ones. The Paths are: "UI\Cursor\<Race>Cursor.blp" for example the human cursors path is: "UI\Cursor\HumanCursor.blp".

But they look like the one attached. So it could be difficult to create a new one.

!ATTACHMENT REMOVED!

Last edited:
Level 11
hmm I see, well it would look kida weird if Dwarves had a skeleton hand for a cursor, so I guess I should try.

Does anyone know how I would go about getting the pictures of the other races (Night Elf and Undead) and editing them, like could I just use photoshop?

Level 3
custom script

thes custom script you can use to edit a players audio settings and play sounds irelevent of user voloume selection, i used it to decreese volume REALY low in a map, and then max vol and explosion, alll pple had turned speakers up full, realy pissed them off ....

Level 10
Wouldn't that make the map very big in size? Also, who hears the music of warcraft when playing. Actually many people don't. For example, I have set it off to hear my own music from media player. I think not many people hear it, but I can't be sure for this!

Level 11
Oh trust me if you are just listening ot warcraft it makes a huge difference, if subconciously. You would notice if the music wasn't there (again if you normally listen warcrafdt and not your media player), and besides if I make it a small tune that loops, it shouldn't add too much to the map

Level 2
I know you got answer for the cursor problem but if you are doing a custom map and want a already existing cursor, I think it is as simple as changing to the team with the cursor you want. As for example if you want the human cursor, change to the human team. But if you don't want the same teams status field, this will be a problem.

Level 11
no thats not the problem, I have 4 races, Human, Orc, Elf (Not Night), and Dwarf. I simply want to change the cursor for the Night Elves and Undead so they can be used for Elves and Dwarves (respectively), I guess I could do it without it but I'd prefer it this way, or atleast the elf one. In anycase I'm gonna take a crack at editing the pictures, eventually, and if not ill request some help ont he request forum.

I'd stilll like to know about the music though

Level 11
The_Wizard600.jpg

Could someone get me the images for the Human and Orc cursors aswell :), it would help me a ton.

actually maybe this should be moved to the request forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.