• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to change or silence background music in Warcraft Menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello everyone,
Is it possible to stop the music in Warcraft game menu, as for example I am making a custom campaign.

When you start the game there you see the menu with the FT on background and a certain music starts. When you choose )custom campaign( there have the option to choose a level from that campaign. Here you can also set by triggers some custom music, but the background music still plays and you get as a result two songs playing at the same time - a.k.a. a sound mess.

Last edited:
Level 11
  • Events - Time elapsed is 0.1
  • Conditions - None
  • Actions:
  • Sound - Immediately stop music
  • Sound - Play <Your Music >
Is this what you need i didn't fully understand you.

EDIT:
Time elapsed is 0.1
# If you put Map Init. the your sound will start playing while your map is loading
Sound - Immediately stop music # You don't need this actually but whenever i wanted to change music while the old one is playing a get a fps(or w/e) spike

Level 7
Not really I wanted to stop the music in the game menu itself, so when I choose >Custom Campaign< and choose a chapter from that campaign to have a specific music playing and not the original Warcraft III Theme.

That what you are offering Abovegame is only map specific but it does not affect the music outside of the map.

Attachments

• Menu.png
    Menu.png
    824.7 KB · Views: 276
Level 7
To Arad MNK - Yes I mean the custom campaign menu mainly. I used a trigger to make a custom music run when you start this certain campaign
(actually when you are about to choose which chapter to play)
but there is also the music from FT running on the background and both get mixed up - and that's not nice at all.

Aaah, my bad I just saw it, I didn't do it by triggers but I used Campaign Editor and under Loading Screen/Ambient Sound I used custom imported sound...
Anyways if any of you tries it out this way you can play some random music but you still have the main FT music on the background...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.