• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Race selector through a menu. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello everyone, I have finished a personalized career (well ... I am going to 80% XD), the problem is that I want to do a racing coach like the ones in the photo, I have been looking for but it seems that I am blind because I cannot find it. So I come for help to create that Selector.

I also have a less complex problem, at the end of the game the famous green icon appears. Does anyone know where that is seen?

Selector de Raza....png
Icon green.png
(I use the Google translator, I hope you understand me) Thank you :)

Level 28
Hello everyone, I have finished a personalized career (well ... I am going to 80% XD), the problem is that I want to do a racing coach like the ones in the photo, I have been looking for but it seems that I am blind because I cannot find it. So I come for help to create that Selector.
They are called Dialogues. if you want to learn more about them, check this tutorial : Basics of a Dialog
I also have a less complex problem, at the end of the game the famous green icon appears. Does anyone know where that is seen?
Maybe you set the wrong path for the icon?

Last edited:
Level 28
That tutorial helped me a lot thanks, but how do I change the custom breed?
The problem is that I haven't changed that
So, you want like when you start the map you will be asked which race you want to play with? By the way, is this for a single player map or a multiplayer/melee one? If it's the first, then it shouldn't be that hard to trigger it, but if it's the latter then it might be a little complicated if you're new to those stuff...

Last edited:
Level 7
Such a system is rather complex I'd say, I do not suggest trying to create it if you are new to code.

As for the green icon, invalid icon path.
So, you want like when you start the map you will be asked which race you want to play with? By the way, is this for a single player map or a multiplayer/melee one? If it's the first, then it should be that hard to trigger it, but if it's the latter then it might be a little complicated if you're new to those stuff...

I already made the selector if it works (rather, ctrl+c, ctrl+v :3) hehe...now the error I can't find is this green icon, I don't know where to see that error (check almost everything) :(

Level 28
I already made the selector if it works (rather, ctrl+c, ctrl+v :3) hehe...now the error I can't find is this green icon, I don't know where to see that error (check almost everything) :(
You must set the path in Game Interface --> Icon - Score Screen Player (Race) to the same same you imported the icon, example : if your icon's path is : war3mapImported\BTNJaina.blp then the path should also be : Icon - Score Screen Player (Race) = war3mapImported\BTNJaina.blp.
Btw, I recommend you use Button Manager to create an appropriate Score Screen Icon.

Level 7
You must set the path in Game Interface --> Icon - Score Screen Player (Race) to the same same you imported the icon, example : if your icon's path is : war3mapImported\BTNJaina.blp then the path should also be : Icon - Score Screen Player (Race) = war3mapImported\BTNJaina.blp.
Btw, I recommend you use Button Manager to create an appropriate Score Screen Icon.
Thank you very much I will have it on mind. :goblin_yeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.