• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Race selection dialogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
@mods
-> WEHZ
(As your question/problem doesnt include an already existing trigger or script, you should have posted it in the World Editor Help Zone.)

Are you able to set the race for a player if someone has clicked Human for example?
Do you know what actions to use at that point?
(If not, is it a melee setup (town hall + "workers")?)

Level 5
@mods
-> WEHZ
(As your question/problem doesnt include an already existing trigger or script, you should have posted it in the World Editor Help Zone.)

Are you able to set the race for a player if someone has clicked Human for example?
Do you know what actions to use at that point?
(If not, is it a melee setup (town hall + "workers")?)
I know what to do for units and buildings to spawn,but it doesn't show me dialogue window(sorry for the wrong thread section)

Level 24
You cant create a dialog on map init.
You have to use the Event "Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds".

In the trigger, you create dialog buttons (and after each create, you save the last created dialog button in a variable).
Then in another trigger, you have the event "Dialog - Button clicked for MyDialog" and use if statements to check which button it was.

Level 5
You cant create a dialog on map init.
You have to use the Event "Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds".

In the trigger, you create dialog buttons (and after each create, you save the last created dialog button in a variable).
Then in another trigger, you have the event "Dialog - Button clicked for MyDialog" and use if statements to check which button it was.
sorry,just accidently doubleposted.
That's what happens to me:Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Also,here's my trigger:Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet (I think you cannot understand Russian triggers xD)

Last edited:
Level 5
Instead of taking a screenshot of your triggers, copy and paste them into [trigger][/trigger] tags. Take a look at this thread if you need help.
Take a look of screenshot in-game.Do you know what is this?
P.S.:Here's my race selection trigger:

• Choose Race Dialog P1
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.10 seconds
    • Условия
    • Действия
      • Диалог - Clear Dialog1
      • Диалог - Change the title of Dialog1 to Choose Your Race
      • Диалог - Create a dialog button for Dialog1 labelled |cff5555ffHuman|r
      • Set Button_Human[1] = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Диалог - Create a dialog button for Dialog1 labelled |cffff5500Horde|r
      • Set Button_Horde[1] = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Диалог - Create a dialog button for Dialog1 labelled |cff999999Undead|r
      • Set Button_Undead[1] = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Диалог - Create a dialog button for Dialog1 labelled |cffff33ffNight Elf...
      • Set Button_NightElf[1] = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Диалог - Показать Dialog1 for Игрок 1 (красный)
UPD:Well,it's not copying Russian language ~_~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.