• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rabbit Path V4

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Long ago, this pathway was used for many caravans bringing goods to the opposite lands. The path has long since been abandoned and is now contested territory.

160599-albums3338-picture29417.jpg

160599-albums3338-picture29418.jpg

160599-albums3338-picture29419.jpg

160599-albums3338-picture29416.jpg

Changelist
Version 2 - The main things you'll notice if you played the first version is the addition of dirt and lots of doodads on the path in the middle. I also improved the description a bit.
Version 3 - Some additional terrain fixes, and an extra set of baddies for each side.
Version 4 - Calculated shadows, added birds and flies, and fixed item drops. Along with some other minor fixes.

Special thanks to Zennonoth, Cweener, and -Kobas- for the many suggestions. Along with a few others.

Keywords:
Rabbit, Path, Melee, Two Player, 1v1, Version 4, Version Four
Contents

Rabbit Path V4 (Map)

Reviews
16:56, 23rd May 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Sorry I didn't know about that button. I'll delete the old version.

Just try to be more careful ok? Moderator can delete your maps because of that, also you are using THW space for nothing (with new version no one will play old one), and if you delete map it only get moved to another place, it works just like recycle bin on your PC!

Below 100 KB of your work isn't large problem, imagine what campaign with 50MB can do, upload it 5 times, omg ¼ GB

Level 6
PLEASE, use the update button instead of multi-uploading your map. its there for a reason. anyways, on to the map,

The terrain in this version looks better than V1, true, BUT it's still not great.

TIP: Instead of placing two tilesets next to each other on a large scale(see hidden tag below.)
WC3ScrnShot_052010_193215_01.jpg

you should blend them, (see hidden tag below.)
WC3ScrnShot_052010_193230_02.jpg

That example isn't that great, but i feel it gets my point across.

I do however like this map, and will probably play it against people because there isn't a blizzard map like it, but you should work on the terrain, because in melee maps, terrain is everything. :razz:

P.S. when you redo the terrain, make sure you use the update button :gg:

Level 3
I do however like this map, and will probably play it against people because there isn't a blizzard map like it, but you should work on the terrain, because in melee maps, terrain is everything. :razz:

Really, you like it enough to continue to use it? Thanks, I guess I'll continue working on it. Do you have any more suggestions?

Level 6
Really, you like it enough to continue to use it? Thanks, I guess I'll continue working on it. Do you have any more suggestions?

hmm, well I've played it twice now with friends, maybe a few more creeps, but as this is a two player map, and theres really no room for them, thats just optional.

And yes, i love a good melee map :)

Level 3
The terrain in this version looks better than V1, true, BUT it's still not great.
Instead of placing two tilesets next to each other on a large scale
you should blend them,

So what your saying is that there should be an equal amount of dirt and grass, rather than some patches of dirt in the grass and large clearings of dirt. I'll work on it some more then. But is the terrain shaping itself good, do you think I should add more room for bases? Or more creeps?

Also -Kobas-, did you try the map? If so what did you think of it?

Level 5
It's a good map but you may fix few things:

1) Upper player has a very small passage to the second mine. You can see it clearly while pressing "n" button on keyboard in WorldEdit.
2) Forest Troll Shadow Priest drops one item from level 2... Well, it's small award for beating a pack of Trolls and Ogre.

It's only my opinion about this few bug (for me), but it is still a very good map and I will give you 4/5. Aha... And last one thing... When you will upload a new map tell me about it ;)

Oh ok I will check map when I found time (I need to check 5 or 6 more :xxd:)

Ok let see

Things that I like:

Things that I don't like:

1st - Add pictures to description
2nd - You must calculate shadows and save map
3th - Pathing ground is small, small army can't pass (picture)
4th - There is place between trees where small units can hide (another picture)
5th - There is no tavern or Goblin Laboratory to hire units or heroes
6th - Terrain is poor, very small number of doodads that are bad placed!
7th - Fog from 3000 can't be visible with normal camera (ingame)
8th - No global weather or terrain custom light environment!
9th - No birds etc, to make terrain alive (there are few neutral passive units)
10th - Item Drops aren't best for example Troll Warlord (level 6 unit) don't drop item -.- (picture below again)
11th - No place to build (I know that melee pro don't build like that, I only create small example, picture)

Word or 2 to Author:

Well what can I say, you have work to do, I will rate map with 1/5 because all that above! I hope that will my review help you to improve your map! If you need really pro opinion ask some melee pro map makers, I combine terrain skills and something from melee gaming to give you tips!

1/5 Vote for Rejection
Map is reported

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 109
  • dsdasd.JPG
    dsdasd.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 107
  • untitled123123.JPG
    untitled123123.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 82
  • asasdasd.JPG
    asasdasd.JPG
    228.3 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Level 3
Things that I don't like:

2nd - You must calculate shadows and save map
4th - There is place between trees where small units can hide (another picture)
6th - Terrain is poor, very small number of doodads that are bad placed!
7th - Fog from 3000 can't be visible with normal camera (ingame)
8th - No global weather or terrain custom light environment!
9th - No birds etc, to make terrain alive (there are few neutral passive units)
10th - Item Drops aren't best for example Troll Warlord (level 6 unit) don't drop item -.- (picture below again)
11th - No place to build (I know that melee pro don't build like that, I only create small example, picture)

I did some more work and did my best to fix some of these. How would I add pictures into the description? Sorry, I'm kind of a noob at... everything. :grin:

Last edited:
Level 6
I did some more work and did my best to fix some of these. How would I add pictures into the description? Sorry, I'm kind of a noob at... everything. :grin:

there are two ways, -Kobas- did it one way, but theres another way, (more complicated) but instead of clicking on thumbnails for the pics to pop up, the pics are full size in your description, which way would you like me to explain ?:)

Level 6
Well add pictures to your album (profile, create not private album there) the just cpy code to description

Example:
[code=jass]
[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/rabbit-path-v4-167599/
[/code]Here is complete BB Code use it to add color to your text, boxes, tables, maybe even video etc etc

GAH:thumbs_down:! -Kobas-
you ruined the fun, i was going to give a long and over complicated explanation! :grin:

Level 3
Haha, because theres lots of rabbits on the joining path in the middle. But I will work on the description a little more. I'm not good with stories though, so if anyone wants to make it for me...

Level 6
ehh story shouldn't be too hard, maybe a slutty rabbit liked to do it on the hill and made a bunch of babies xD haha, just kidding, dont use that:p

but, anyways, I'll download this new version, play a few times, and let you know what I think.

And because this map needs it, I can give you a solid decription like the one in my map, or -Kobas-'s map. :) (If you want it) when i give my review tomorrow,

but be warned, I'm a harsh map reviewer when i really get down to it. :p so be ready:grin:

Level 28
Do not multi-upload.
I'll ignore it for once, but never do it again (and before you mention it: deleting a map and re-uploading it is also multi-uploading, just use the update button).
Also, improve the description! It's really bad right now.

but be warned, I'm a harsh map reviewer when i really get down to it. :p so be ready
You gave the map a 5/5... 'harsh' means something else :wink:

I doubt this can get approved, but I'll wait for a while...

Level 3
Do not multi-upload.
I'll ignore it for once, but never do it again (and before you mention it: deleting a map and re-uploading it is also multi-uploading, just use the update button).
Also, improve the description! It's really bad right now.

You gave the map a 5/5... 'harsh' means something else :wink:

I doubt this can get approved, but I'll wait for a while...

Yeah, I didn't know about the update button that time, I've been using it the past few versions. Do you mean the in-game map description or the description on the site? I'll probably be improving them soon anyways, they're both really sucky.

Level 6
so ap0c rejected this, i can see... >.<
sorry, mate.

well, strive for better next time, and dont worry about it. make a bunch of changes, and ask him(or another mod) to make it pending again. :)

ap0c has rejected a few of my maps too... don't sweat it :grin: he (usually) knows what he's doing :grin:

Level 3
Oh well, its just my first map and I wasn't expecting it to be approved. I mostly wanted to get some tips. I'll make some more maps and eventually when I'm a pro at terraining I'll remake this map.

Well to get tips use Map Development forum! You can make thread there upload your map so people can tell you what they think just like here! Also for any help with triggers or how to clean memory leaks post triggers and create threads here Triggers & Scripts! Btw if you need any help with WE we have World Editor Help Zone here on THW! And at the end if you need any resource from icons to loading screens check this out Requests!