• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

R.I.P. Illidan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I don't care about the wc story but I hope Illidan vanish forever. He's the most boring character and not cool at all. I just wished that I would never have to see him again after the night elf mission in the original campaign.

Level 2
illidandownjz5.jpg

Level 12
Clearly expected from a high end game guild. Feel free to make sluggish comments on how they have no life, but realize they're being sponsored with the gold and time to do this.

Level 36
Your friend is an idiot. I know what a soulstone is, and that's absolutely rediculous. If that's your friend in denial trying to make things work, how then, would they all have an unlimited number of soulstones? Where in Azeroth or Outland could Illidan possibly find an unlimited supply of soulstones? Exactly.

Every boss in the game is ressurected, like every other NPC in the game, after they die so that they can be killed again and again and again to appease the masses.

Level 21
Every boss in the game is ressurected, like every other NPC in the game, after they die so that they can be killed again and again and again to appease the masses.

thats correct, the basic mechanics of the game allows bosses to be automatically ressurected. its nothing to do with sould stones, its just the coding of the game. i did read somewhere however that the NPCs in WoW are all actually made with the same system as players are, i.e. gear, weapons, rings/trinkets. supposedly blizzard makes the npc model then gives it all the gear and sets the npc's level really high. then a multiplier of damage/hp/mana is used for bosses, elites, rares etc. this was supposedly done to save coding time and (ROM) space because making npc's have a totally different system would take ages to code, be more likely to bug and a bit of a waste. basically what it means is, when you fight illadin, you are really fighting a level 255 character with leet gear and 2x or 3x damage/hp/mana. how true this is i dunno.

Your friend is an idiot. I know what a soulstone is, and that's absolutely rediculous. If that's your friend in denial trying to make things work, how then, would they all have an unlimited number of soulstones? Where in Azeroth or Outland could Illidan possibly find an unlimited supply of soulstones? Exactly.

I know not literally, we both know that the game resses them, we're not idiots, he just said that as some random quick explanation to how they keep getting ressed RP-wise.

He's an RPer.

Level 14
don't worry

blizzard puts backdoors when killing main characters:

Kel'Thuzad is the last encounter of the dungeon Naxxramas, implemented in the patch 1.11. He is ultimately defeated by the players, but does not die. As a lich, he may reform using a part of his former self (the part of his "soul") kept in a magic item known as a phylactery. Should the phylactery be destroyed, Kel'Thuzad would be defeated forever. But some things do not happen as they should...

The quest "The Fall of Kel'Thuzad" describes how the player, who likely wanted to destroy the phylactery, is manipulated by some mental force to give the phylactery to Father Inigo Montoy in Light's Hope Chapel. Something very unusual is going on here, and the Argent Dawn reports that the phylactery did not reach their hands...

Level 21
actually thats one thing about the warcraft world, blizzard can do what they want with it because by the time they relese the next game it will be completely different. i think it might have been a better idea for them to set WoW 500 years before/after wc3 and just make a brand new plot, still its too late now.

Level 13
There is no WC4 coming, The RTS version of the Warcraft stories relied heavily on the storyline (at least in my view.) and with the storyline butchered to hell and back. There's no chance for a WC4.

Level 21
There is no WC4 coming, The RTS version of the Warcraft stories relied heavily on the storyline (at least in my view.) and with the storyline butchered to hell and back. There's no chance for a WC4.

no what i mean is, they could make wc4 500 years after wc3 or 500 years before it and make up a completely new story with new heros and stuff. obviously they would have to explain a few things, but if SW:KOTOR did it, why cant WC?

Level 25

So when they release a Warcraft 4 can I laugh? Especially if it still follows the storyline and you're making up all of this butchering?

Level 24
What Blizzard should really do is manage to tie all the games together. They have that big scary universe, they've tied Diablo to Warcraft already, and they had hidden SC models in WC3. Methinks we should start waiting on that.

I would gladly had Illidan removed from wc3 and more focus on Arthas instead. :p

New Icecrown Citadel! Battle your way through hordes of undead in order to beat Arthas' minions, and eventually, Arthas himself! (40-man raid, requires level 100, bosses drop tier 10 raid loot)

Level 36
Taxi has always been the funniest. If we ever had a funniest man (or woman... although, neither iristle or werewulf are very funny... at all... don't shoot me, i'm not sexist >.>) contest then ANYWAY Taxi would totally win. Dozens of pink peons ftw :p That sig was the greatest :D

Level 2
Well, read on Internet

On Warcraft III, when Arthas slaughtered Illidan...it only shows Illidan lying on the snow...but Illidan never died...I read the story: It says that he was badly hurt and he went back to his camp just to be healed by the naga and the blood elves of Lady Vashj and Kael'Thas...and after that...the story of "Lord of Outland" begins...in a matter of fact, Illidan never died.

Well, read on Internet

On Warcraft III, when Arthas slaughtered Illidan...it only shows Illidan lying on the snow...but Illidan never died...I read the story: It says that he was badly hurt and he went back to his camp just to be healed by the naga and the blood elves of Lady Vashj and Kael'Thas...and after that...the story of "Lord of Outland" begins...in a matter of fact, Illidan never died.

No shit.

Level 8
Well, read on Internet

Finaly! Someone who understands. I mean if Illidan died in Wc3. Why is he back is WoW?

And about the storyline. I REALLY don't like the path it took, and I am sure many others do not as well. But the fact is that the lore is constantly evolving, and the taller it is (Wc3), the harder the fall (Wow). I really can't wait untill the new chapter of the lore comes out and it meshes everything perfectly (if it does), then it would make everyone be quiet about it... or at least sate them untill it falls again.

The thing I also have a problem is the complaining. Nothing much comes of a purely negative comment (unless it is uttered by Mecheon). If you are going to bitch about the lore, could you at least bitch positively? Offer suggestions? Ideas? Brainstorms? Possible Connections? I notice that when people do this the topics turn into more productive threads instead of a "We Hate WoW!" Thread.... which we already have to much off.

^
| That is one big opinion. But I just can't be quiet about it anymore.
|

Level 24
Personally, I admire Mecheon's ability to turn n00b crushing into an art. More about Mecheon's artful n00b crushing, he has done so here in a thread that was about the exact same thing as the below quote.

Well, read on Internet

What the hell is wrong with you? Explain in great detail, and I'd like that answer in at most two days. Aside from the fact that this has been established as fact for essentially the entire internet since two days after TFT came out, this is about Illidan dying in WoW, not WC3. l3rn2r33d n00b. That post was totally off-topic and came from nowhere. Illidan V Arthas in WC3 wasn't even mentioned in this thread until you brought it up. Who are you even talking to?

Status
Not open for further replies.