• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spirit Of Vengeance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
attachment.php

By Wraithseeker

Spirit of Vengeance (SoV) is a defence type map that will have properties of the underwater life.

I am in need of people who can think of ideas for bosses, units and heroes and how to improve my terrain.

Screenshots

Taken with a 3rd person camera view so it would be easier for me )

ss2.jpg

ss1-1.jpg

map8.jpg

map9.jpg

map6.jpg

map7.jpg

map4.jpg

map5.jpg

map3.jpg

map14.jpg

map15.jpg

map12.jpg

map13.jpg

map11.jpg

map10.jpg

Inside the Troll Island
ss.jpg

Inside the Treasure Island
ss1.jpg

A giant bridge
WC3ScrnShot_040909_135307_01.jpg

A giant sunken ship
WC3ScrnShot_040909_135350_04.jpg

Corals
coral3.jpg

coral4.jpg

CENTER]

The story is about Illidan and Maiev thus the name Spirit Of Vengeance. Illidan, after getting injured by Arthas in Icecrown Glacier but was saved by Kael'thas and Lady Vashj, ran back to the maelstrom to hide. Although the eye was thought to be destroyed, after Illidan ordered days of searching for it when his brother Furion Stormrage stopped his sundering of the Frozen throne, it was found eventually by Kael.

Desperately trying to gain new power to eventually defeat Arthas, Illidan sets up a plan to start a new sundering but Maiev is hot on his heels. His master Kil'jaden and the Burning Legion is enraged at his minion's sudden betrayal and now want Illidan's head. Maiev has grown corrupted after Naisha and her sisters died at the Tomb of Sargeras, vowing revenge and will stop at nothing to kill Illidan Stormrage. They have made a pact with the Burning legion and thus became the corrupted Night Elves. They now have the ability to go underwater and fight with the naga and also have since grown stronger with new astonishing powers.

Furion Stormrage and Tyrande sensed a great tragedy apporoaching and they hope for the best. Zul'jin and the trolls in Echo'Isle with their goblin laboratory, saw what Illidan was trying to do and tried to contact him but they were attacked by the evil corrupted night elves who slays anything in their path. Maiev has planned to revive Naisha back but had some problems. The Murlocs have allied the Illidari to ensure their race's survival and vows to defend their home together against the destructive Corrupted Night Elves.

After the Tomb of Sargeras sank, some of Gul'dan runes reacted strangely and began to glow bright red, the color of blood. Unknown to anyone, a Island called Mal'fer is slowly raising up to the surface after the tomb's destruction.

Mal'fer was submerged deep to the sea when the Sundering of the Well of Eternity began and it's island dwellers were drowned to death. It was rumored that the Island had many strange artifacts and treasures. Some say that some strange mystical creatures now live on the Island and guard the treasure and protects the Island. Many were seen to have gone on shore to the Island but never came out ... alive.

Illidan with his quick thinking, used the vial of water from the Well Of Eternity from Kael, dropped the water on the surface where once, the tall and mysterious Tomb Of Sargeras stood. It was raised but the job was not successfully done. Only the inner part of the Island were raised and the outer part mysteriously vanished into a vortex caused by Illidan manipulating dark magic. Many of Guldan's runes were lost and now, nobody tells the tale of Gul'dan except Illidan and Maiev as the rest had all died.

Maiev is attacking the Illidari without mercy and Illidan hopes that his forces will hold untill he complete the sundering. Will he complete the sundering? Well, it's all up to you to decide.

Gameplay <WHAT YOU DO>
Basically, you start off at the Tomb of Sargeras where you have to hold off the incoming troops while Illidan and his summoners channel the power of the eye to continue the sundering. Your queen Azshara is at the bottom of the sea warding off attackers and might need help. There is the trolls at the game who can be your ally or your enemy depending on what you do. Same goes for the troll. Estimated defending time is 40+ minutes. There is a treasure Island for you to hunt items whose stats will be randomly generated.

Skill Template
Spell Template said:
|cffffcc00Ability Type:|r |cff1e90ffWhat the spell does |r
|cffffcc00Targets:|r |cff1e90ffWhat the spell hits |r
|cffffcc00Range:|r |cff1e90ffSelf-Explanatory |r

Text goes here to describe spell and background or history of how he got the spell / ability.

|cffffcc00Level 1:|r |cff1e90ffLevel 1 Text.|r
|cffffcc00Level 2:|r |cff1e90ffLevel 2 Text.|r
|cffffcc00Level 3:|r |cff1e90ffLevel 3 Text.|r
|cffffcc00Level 4:|r |cff1e90ffLevel 4 Text.|r
|cffffcc00Level 5:|r |cff1e90ffLevel 5 Text.|r

Item Classes said:
|c007d7d7dPoor*
|c00FF9696Common
|c0000FF00Uncommon
|c000000FFRare
|c00540081Epic
|c00FF7F00Legendary
|c00640000Heirloom
Arifact [Think of a nice colour for it and post it over]

Item Template said:
<NAME OF ITEM HERE>

<FIRST COMPONENT'S NAME HERE> (<FIRST COMPONENT's GOLD COST HERE> Gold)

+
<SECOND COMPONENT'S NAME HERE> (<SECOND COMPONENT's GOLD COST HERE> Gold)

+
<ITEM'S NAME HERE> Recipe (<RECIPE COST HERE> Gold)
scrollofthebeast.gif

<ITEM'S NAME HERE> (<COST OF ALL COMPONENTS ADDED UP + RECIPE COST> Gold)

<NAME OF THE ITEM>: <ALL EFFECTS OF THE ITEM HERE> (Seperated by comas: ,)
(Recipe grants <ALL IMPROVEMENTS OF THE EFFECTS OF THE COMPONENTS HERE>)
(Recipe takes away <ALL OF THE EFFECTS OF THE COMPONENTS THAT AREN'T INCLUDED IN THE RECIPE HERE>)

<IF THE ITEM HAS A CUSTOM SKILL, PUT IT'S NAME HERE>
<TYPE OF ABILITY HERE (i.e. passive, active, aura, etc.)> - <DESCRIPTION OF THE ABILITY HERE>

Spirit of Vengeance Teams Members
Code:
[B]Everything:[/B] Me
[B]Idea generators[/B]: Bloodcount
[B]Page designer:[/B] BlackRose

STATUS
Terraining: ||||||||||
Triggering: ||||||||||
Units:....... ||||||||||
Heroes: ....||||||||||

MAP INFORMATION (IF YOU DECIDE TO TEST IT)
  • Feature test released.
  • For features to work properly, use only player red or player blue.
  • Do not try to be funny when you cast surface at land, since this is just a test for me I didn't implement the anti abuse.
  • Do not spam surface or submerge, wait for about 6 seconds so it won't look funny when the hero is flying above water.

Attachments

• SpiritOfVengeanceFeatures.w3x
    204.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Level 1
Use the Hidden texts.

EDIT:
>When you say the properties of Underwater map what do you mean by that?
>The screenshots are showing many heroes. How many did you place?
>Is this map for multiplayer only? If yes mention it on the top.
>Just for your knowledge there is a cinematic in the map section with the same name. It will not matter but as i said it is just for your knowledge.

The story is about Illidan and Maiev thus the name Spirit Of Vengeance
O.K. it is about them but how does it draw that conclusion?
Illidan, after getting injuried by Arthas in Icecrown Glacier but was saved by Kael'thas and Lady Vashj, ran back to the maelstorm to hide.
>injured not injuired.
>Take out the but.
>He ran back to the maelstorm to hide? As far as i know it is kind of a very big whirlpool. He went to a whirlpool to hide?
>He was taken to maelstorm for hiding him will make it better as he was injured & could not go there by himself.

I will look at the rest later. It is too much to read the whole thing.
>You should mention how many players can play it. It will make it much easier to understand.

Level 1
I think it's fine as it is.
No it is not. The screen is stretched & the post is appearing to be too long. It is making the whole post uninteresting.
It is your choice but i will advise you to use hidden tags.

Level 6
I cannot find the hidden icon for me to do it and I tried
but failed.

10 slots will be available for playing and it is a multiplayer map.

Screenshots are showing many heroes because they are all testing heroes, I just took screenshots the wrong way.

I know about that long ago.

O.K. it is about them but how does it draw that conclusion?

Pardon? What did you mean? This is about maiev's hatred towards Illidan.

Spelling check ah, will do so later.

Level 10
Hidden tags are the magnifying glass, and it also its
[/ hidden]
As for the game, this confuses me. I'm going to guess that it is an RPG, but you set it up differently. The screenshots look good (but take up way too much space, use hidden tags). You said you had problems with submerge and surface, why not add a short cooldown or something to prevent that. Anyways this is an interesting map. I look forward to more.

Level 6
... you guys don't have to be jerks to him all you had to do was to tell him to follow the guide lines(below)...

The map looks good i give ya props

Needed info for creating a thread

* Map name
* Name of the creator(s)
* Current stage of the map (alpha, beta, finished?)
* Summary of the map gameplay/objectives
* Map features
* Miscellaneous Info (credits?)

Friendly tips

* Categorise your text. Having a wall of text will not get people interested in the project.
* Use headlines, colors and bold text to make your thread more appealing to the reader.
* Screenshots! Dont just tell about it, show it!
* When updating the map, you should update your first post rather than hiding the update in middle of the thread. Especially the new version of your map should be reattached to your first post.

Level 6
The screenshots look abit bumpy because I shrinked the image down to a lower size because my computer desktop size was 1680x1050 and quality was reduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.