• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quicksand

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
After my spring effect I started thinking of other ways to make special effects that move the units. This effect is Quicksand. It was made to replace the cyclone effect, but instead of tossing peeps around the air, it pulls them down into the quicksand (no triggers needed).

Simply replace the effect in the Cyclone buff with this and the target will sink into the ground. By using the Target- or Effect attachment points of the buffs the unit is attached to the attachment of the special effect. It may work with other spells than Cyclone but it's the only one I'm sure of for the moment.

Keywords:
Quicksand, sand, mud, sink, goo, vine, tarzan, mythbusters, phail
Contents

Quicksand (Model)

Reviews
06:12, 4th Mar 2011 anarchianbedlam: Pointless model. the concept of quicksand is that it wouldnt move, so why not just make "quicksand" with terrain? if you used this model you couldnt put it on cliffs or slopes either so that limits its...

M

06:12, 4th Mar 2011
anarchianbedlam: Pointless model. the concept of quicksand is that it wouldnt move, so why not just make "quicksand" with terrain? if you used this model you couldnt put it on cliffs or slopes either so that limits its application. lowers model only 50 units. it wouldnt completely sink every unit. could easily be done with triggers.

Level 21
Would be useful for the the sand worm model I seen in the section at one point.
Do you mind it I use it?

Level 10
Clearly you're a mastermind when it comes to creating original models that are useful in different ways. I find your work very inspiring.

Level 21
Oh quicksand you'll be remembered for all time....until another great model comes along and they worship that instead.

Level 23
It was rejected.

Wow.
That sucks. It was useful, functional, looked great... what the heck.

Well, it's immortalized in my MTG map. Red's intellect hero, Latulla the Overseer, uses an ability with it. An area gets lowered (crater effect) and filled with sand, and enemy land units randomly get stuck inside it, sinking deeper. It looks great. :)

So rejected or not, thanks for a great model!

Level 28
Indeed why was it rejected?!

For reasons concerning me and the moderator which I won't go into.
I myself don't agree to the reasons he provided but I can see another reason for rejecting it.
I actually sent him a PM explaining what I thought about it and therefor I won't bring up the subject further.
I don't want to be the little spoiled brat who goes mad when things don't always go his way.