• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quick Help with Anti-Cheat System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Ok i got an anti cheat system that theoratically should work.
Event: Player types exact message: (All the cheat codes. Im not going to type them)
Actions: Defeat player 1 with message no cheating! (Its a custom campaign, so theres only player 1 anyways.)

And it doesnt work. Anyone know what the problem is, or how to make it work? Thx
-Blue

Level 3
ummmm, firstly.. if u wanted cheat codes.. y does it kick ppl when they use it??

um, try:
event: (ur previous one)
action: defeat (trigerring player) with message: NO CHEATING..

i duno y it wouldnt work otherwise..

Level 5
yes, theoratically...

I think blizzard had reserved the cheat message only to be used by blizzard's cheat.

but someone has figured how to do the anti-cheat system. The prob is, I forgot what's his map name. I'll try to find it.

Level 7
Lonely Wolf. said:
I played Dawn of the Dead i think..and when i wrote "whosyourdaddy" a txt appeard saying "Cheating sux"

So i think it works! :p

well it can't have been done with triggers, since the internal functions catch the msg if its any cheat msg and destroy it before triggers have a chance to catch it

Level 6
Hmmmm I you can edit the game constant or something to edit the cheat message, but cant do anything farther than that. Im almost done with trigger. Thx
-Blue

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
In multiplayer cheats do not work so it comes up with the chat string like whosyourdaddy .
In single player there is no way you can disable cheats.
In both The Spider Queen and Return Of The Dragon cheats were usable.

There are ways to stop cheating.
1. By making everything happen with a diffrent player threw full shaired unit controle
1.A. Stops the cheat whosyourdaddy working
2. Using a complex series of triggers to detct how fast a research, building, or training was done
2.A. Alows you to detect the cheat warpten is active.
3. Uses trigers to detct a sudden change in recources for all players.
3.A. Alows you to detect that greedisgood 1000000 and simalar codes are entered
4. Using Triggers to detect if a hero lost mana while casting an ability.
4.A. Alows you to detect when thereisnospoon is active
5. Uses a trigger to detect if a player goes over the max food limate (543/100)
5.A. Detects if the cheat pointbreak is active.

Theses are but some of the cheats and methods to counter them. Im sure if you can do theses the others will be easy.

Level 6
Hmmm that ruins my plan of the campaign, then saving it into a multiplayer code then playing a multiplayer map. More then likely everyone will cheat and be incredibly "godly" and therefore loses the whole point. I guess there isnt really anything for me to do to stop the cheats... Thx anyways.
-Blue

Level 6
lol Sorry death. I didn't mean to offend you. Your second post made it sound like you were unsure of how to do it. If you are able to do it, great. Thx
-Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.