• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Cheats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Alright, Im making an RPG and I dont want the programmed cheats to make the RPG easy. Instead, I added my own bit of cheats, and they work fine, but I cannot find a way to disable the other cheats. So, I tried making a defeat trigger. As the events, I made many seperate ones, each containing the text for a cheat. I tested the map, the cheat worked, no defeat. Then I tried adding the text "Cheat enabled!" instead. That also didnt work until I actually typed it.

So, I want to know if there is any way (and what that way is) to disable the programmed cheats, or to make a defeat trigger.

Thanks! :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 21
if you are talking about the single player cheats where people type stuff in chat then you need to take the strings that people type in an reverse its effect. so if someone types in the word to add gold, you need to reverse its effect by taking away the gold when the person types it in.

Level 40
+put it on a cliff where you wouldn't otherwise be able to find it.

For Greedisgood, just look for gold irregularities, + lumber for leafittome

For whosyourdaddy, detect damage irregularities.

For thereisnospoon, check mana before and after casts.

I don't think there's a way to stop thedudeabides

But other than that, there you are!

In general, though, if it's a multiplayer RPG, just end it if it's in singleplayer. They can play it on LAN with no problem, which is fine, since even singleplayer LAN or BNet doesn't allow cheats.

Level 32
For single player maps this trigger seems to be (partially) effective at combating iseedeadpeople:

• iseedeadpeople
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • (Fog of war is enabled) Equal to False
      • (Black mask is enabled) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Enable black mask
      • Visibility - Enable fog of war

The trigger ignores chat strings and rather detects if black mask and fog of war are enabled: if so the trigger immediately disables them again. The Mini-Map's contents do still remain visible however.

Level 11
Perhaps, you should detect if the game is a singleplayer or not (LAN, but one person could play) with the code that Purple posted. If the game happens to be a single player one, disable saving, or instantly close the game.
Somewhere in a map init trigger:
  • Custom script: if bj_isSinglePlayer then
  • Defeat All player (something like that)
  • Custom script: endif

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Just do not bother removing cheats, it only raises the risk of your map being hacked. It takes me aproximatly 5-6 minutes to reallow single player mode without stopping any triggers, even if the map is protected. If cheats are allowed in singleplayer then I would not need to waste that time enabling them. Same goes for all SP only kicks and such. For SPing MP rpgs all that is needed is that appon detecting a cheat, the save system is disabled and thus the cheating is pointless. The cheats are there for a reason, to give people the choice to use them, disabling them only shows that you can not stand your own map being played. I often use the cheats to quickly test maps or to look at map construction and stuff, then I play MP not being a total noob to the map.

Just do not waste your time disabling them since there is no positive gain.

Level 5
I disagree, it's the map maker's choice to let there be cheats. I personally would just set up things to counteract the cheats. Like this:

Player 1(red) types an exact message "greedisgood" set Gold to 0

Thus if anyone cheats it actually does them no good, since they would only be hurting themselves

And then of course, I can do things suck as the fog of war trigger above, and I could always disable saving, end the game, or I could even disable control for the player until they retype the cheat, disabling it again.

Of course things like allyourbasearebelongtous ends the level early, so I'd just have to end the game. But even if they turned on god mode, I can still do

player 1(red) types "whosyourdaddy" as an exact math
Disable player control for Player 1(red)
Enable Trigger "no more god mode"
Diable this trigger
and then of course "no more god mode" is
disable saving

Player 1(red) types an exact match "whosyourdaddy"
Enable player control
Enable the 1st trigger
disable this trigger
enable saving

So yeah, it requires work but the map can be set up so that you either end up hurting yourself, or don't get anything out of it.

But if you're making a single player map/campaign it's probably worth it.

first of all, is your RPG going to be public? or just something you would just want to play for a one player thing? If so Public u could do a trigger like

• No cheating whosyourdaddy
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1(Red) Types a chat message containing (whosyourdaddy)
  • Conditions
    • Integer - (Number of Players in(All Players controlled by a User player)) Greater than or equal to 2
  • Actions
    • Game - Defeat (Triggering player) with the message: Dont Cheat!
Do that for any player that is playable (all u have to change is the Player event) and for each cheat code. and if its just single player then do the same thing with out the conditions. they can just learn the lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.