• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Beat the Cheat Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Is there a JASS script that can disable the cheat codes? I've been checking around in the MPQ files and found nothing special but some DEBUG cheats (Not the ones I want.).

I think the only way to beat the cheat codes is to either set the map as multiplayer (Disables cheat but won't allow any save games.), or find a way to disable (or unbind) the ENTER key?

I'm creating a campaign and having the players using the cheat codes to beat the game is a real pain. Using cheat codes can be fun, but the constant use will make the campaign look boring.

Level 19
And if you are making a campaign dont forget to add a cheat enabler when someone finishes it
Example put a condition about, a boolean value in GameCache
I mean same way you save your hero's status for next mission

Level 15
Ragingspeedhorn: I knew it. The Blizzard guys sure are smart, aren't they?

Cannibal_Ninja: I've tried that before and HappyTauren is right, it can't be detected. No matter how hard we keep trying.

Need_O2: Hmm, I only use the gamecache to save the Heroes and some Hero Tinker's saving problems. The rest is quite unknown to me.

HINDYhat: Yeah, I saw a similar option in WEU, but that won't work. And I'll check it out in Wc3Campaigns.net for that tutorial.

Thanks for the replies, guys. But in my opinion, perhaps disabling or unbinding the ENTER key would be the ultimate solution to prevent players from typing something. But that's still a mystery. Should anyone finds out a solution, I'll be waiting. No need to rush.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You can not disable cheats and I see no reason to. You can detect when cheats are used though via a simple trigger system. And from then on you can disable all save systems in your map so I guess unless your map is save/load it is pointless to actually impliment such a system.

Level 15
I've already tried that trigger code long before, but these cheat codes are part of a special string codes called "cheatStr" or some sort, not the DEBUG ones. I mean, you can call a cheat code like this:

call Cheat("iseedeadpeople")

The reason is, many campaign creators (Including me) worked hard for their campaigns. The problem is, if the players start playing the campaigns with the cheats on, they'll spoil the whole fun by beating the game in a jiffy, and not enjoying the real thrill of a good fun that is when battling during the game and discovering hidden secrets.

And the save games are always necessary, because my campaign is quite hard, and the players will want to save it many times before going into battle, since the gold and lumber resources are always diminishing, and the CPU enemies are tough to beat (Thanks to my special AI scripts!).

But this need is not really necessary, I was just wondering if there was a way to beat the cheats, maybe Vexorian and the others know. But you're right, there is no way to beat the cheats. What would Blizzard do to beat their own cheats anyway? I mean, they've made the game after all.

Last edited:
Level 15
:eek:! Nuh-uh. No offense, but crashing the game with a corrupted model is not a good idea! Even though that sounded interesting, but that would crash the WE as well, and/or permanently render my campaign file unopenable!

But still, don't forget the rest of the cheat codes, I wished them ALL disabled. I was thinking more like injecting or tweaking some codes in the common.ai or blizzard.j or something else to block these cheats, but huh, that's beyond our dreams...

This makes no sense to me. Why disabling cheat codes? If the game will be too hard the player will just quit and he would not even know what is the whole campaign about.

A player who finished with cheat codes will probably wanted a challenge and finish it without cheat codes. Sometimes cheat codes are just needed, for example if the game has bugs and illogical riddles (I am sure that your will have some, at least the first release). But if the campaign has no value of replayablity is not a good campaign.

Level 15
HINDYhat and HappyTauren: Ah, you meant the special effects! Now those won't crash unless called! Interesting...

Still, the cheat codes are quite hard to detect, because it can't be detected via messages pressed by the ENTER key. Otherwise it would be much easier to block the cheats.

Mechanical Man: I've got nothing against cheating. The point is, cheating ruins all the fun. People get bored of playing the same games due to cheating. But everyone is free to cheat as much as they want, I'm not forbidding anyone!

I've said QUITE hard, not too hard, so the game still counts as a normal difficulty. And I ALWAYS test all my maps to match my skills, because if they're indeed too hard, I would gladly decrease the difficulty. But remember, my campaign is not just a walk in the park, it's about saving the world from a demonic invasion!

Don't worry about the difficulty, I'm totally aware of that. I'll always try to make it match everyone's skills, but they'll have to be a little bit aggressive to win the game. The Wanderers of Sorceria campaigns were also quite hard in that time.

And you're right about one thing, cheats are truly needed to test the maps because of some bugs and stuff. Just as long as the campaign is being played properly.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If you enter anti cheat code systems, it just means people like me would have to spend time to remove them so we can test the capmain, map or what ever more easily. If people cheat, it is their fault. Most people will not cheat on atleast the second run through. Some will never cheat. Just leave people able to cheat, since only the noobs will abuse them and ruin their own playing fun.

Level 15
No, PurplePoot, he's right, people will definitely start looking quite disappointed if I added an anti-cheat system. So I think it's best to forget this anti-cheat system and do my campaign normally. But still I'll appreciate the code you've given me, PurplePoot, so thanks. Sorry for all of this, Dr Super Good.

There's no problem if I at least disable the instant victories and defeats, right? Because I've forgot to add the two victory and defeat cheat triggers.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The instant win cheat I think was hard coded using triggers just for the campains blizzard made, I do not think WC3 uses them for normal SP maps. Rather spend the effort though making your map/campain extra good than worring about cheat codes, since the better it is, the less likely someone is to cheat.

Level 15
PurplePoot: Don't worry, PurplePoot, I just came to know what was the cure for the cheat codes, and you've helped me solving the problem, and I appreciate it.

But what Dr Super Good meant was, the Map Moderators might want to test my campaign for ratings, compatibilities, etc. without having to play the entire campaign (That would be a waste of time.), and I wasn't aware of that. And I've noticed that most people that I've chatted in my introduction thread are eager to know about my campaign's tale. So, I can't let them down.

Dr Super Good: Well, they're not hard coded, I mean, we can still see how it's done if we open one of the Blizzard's own campaign maps. They put all the useful stuff we need in there, except for some rare things.

Kaitech[SanD]: My campaign is a single player mode only, just like Blizzard's own campaigns but very different, and bigger!

Level 15
Nope, my campaign is just single player and single player only.

I only asked about the multiplayer stuff because I've heard of a rumor that using multiplayer mode disables the cheats and the save/load options. Dunno if that's true.

But seriously, my campaign is just for player one only. Well, in later missions, it's possible to control the allied players as well.

Oh, I shouldn't be talking about my campaign in this thread. JASSes only.

Level 15
Hmm, I shouldn't say this in this JASS thread, but I'll sate your curiosity.

Well, let's just say that it's a merged Single Player and RPG. Dunno, but it almost looks like the Wanderers of Sorceria.

It'll have the usual strategies to build up your base, train your army big enough, and trash the enemies' bases. My special AI scripts will ensure that the computer-controlled enemies and allies behave quite more intelligent than the Blizzard's ones, I guess. There will also be others that you can only control the Heroes just like an RPG, or some sort?

My campaign has in total 41 chapters (the last is the final chapter), couple of interludes and some chapter parts. Each ten chapters will have a different race to control. 1-10, Humans. 11-20, Orcs. 21-30, Night Elves. 31-40, Naga. The last one, the evil renegades that betrayed their demon lord. If my Good Campaign Version's approved, then I'll start creating the Evil Campaign Version, which might intrigue the people for controlling the Undead, Chaos Horde, Corrupted Ancients, and the Burning Legion.

If you're referring the gameplay's object data in WE's Map Options, then I'm using the Melee object data that has the Blizzard's recent changes and fixes that I want to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.