• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Quests] - Ideas For Side Quests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
I kinda had an idea:
Exorcism

While traveling in forest you find a small hut, and the man and woman there say that their only child is possesed with a demon. So you go to the nearest temple, and ask the priest what to do. He says that the books for wxorcism rituals have been stolen by some cultists few months ago and last time someone was possesed he was forced to kill the person. So you have to hurry up and collect all three tomes of book from some random bandits/cultists/whatever. Then you with priest go to that hut, start a ritual, but demon comes out outside the child's body, child falls unconcious, and you have to:
1.Kill the demon. The child will die too, and the parents won't forgive you that, but the priest will be grateful to you for helping.
2. Hold the demon for some time until the ritual will be complete. It will be much harder not to kill, but this way the child will survive, and so both parents and priest will give you a reward.

Level 24
I'd love to argu more about this quest but it would just be rated as spamm so I'll just post a new quest idea.

And this is why I think -Kobas- should listen to my idea about the cat he said this a litle earlier ''we want to make this map to be as versatile as possible!''

The Hiveworkshop:

Information:

Listen I need your help stranger, me and my lads have been working a long time now to make equpment for the army. However while we where and soled our latest creations a vast number of gigant bugs attacked my workshop and made it their hive. The men I have stationed there died or fled. I need you to eridicate the bugs so that I can get back making big cash. Anyway if you help me with this I'll give you 10% on what we made on the last sell. So what do you say huh?

Options:

1. Save the workshop and help the army.

2. Kill the blacksmith and take 100%

Last edited:
Level 24
Yea that's what I thought to even tho I dont want to decide everything since that will make it feel like you're making a map for me and that sucks the fun out of doing maps.

Level 24
A Dragons Tale Part 1: Introductions

Information:
Hello there litle one, I am called Dahlnia by my people yesss. We dragonsss where once a peacefull race untill the dark one came and corrupted my kind yesss. I fear that I am the only one left with sssanity and I need your help to sssave my kind yesss, you want to help yesss? I am not going to lie to you litle one, the humansss would give you a good number of ssshinesss for my head yess, and you would likely be able to kill me yesss. Hear me out however sssince my race can offer you our acissstance in exchange for revange againssst the dark one. What do you sssay do you want to help me and my race yesss?

Options:
1. Help the dragon
2. Slay the dragon and take her head.

A Dragons Tale part 2: I have the bigest friend
(If you choose to help the dragon)

Information:
You want to help yesss, you think you are ssstrong enough for what coming ssshal yesss, I belive you do yesss? The dark one has corrupted sssmal onesss ssspirits yess, they keep an artifact yesss. Go to thessse and bring me the artifact litle one and I will be able to free my kind yesss. Help me and litle onesss deadsss in the passst will be forgiven yess.

Options:
1. Find the artifact Dahlnia is looking for.

A Dragons Tale part 3: This creates more problems then it solves.

Information:
The dark one isss cleverer then I thought yesss, freing my people will summon the dark onesss ssstrongessst ssservent yesss. It will sssummon the molten one to our location yesss... BETREYAL, BETREYAL, BETREYAL. Forgive me for losssing control over my rage, my hatred yesss... HATRED, BETREYAL, HATRED. We ssshould not talk about thossse thingsss anymore yesss. Give me one promissse yesss, the molten one ssshal die. Tell me when you are prepared litle one, thisss will be the biggessst fire elemental you have ever ssseen yesss.

Options:
1. Kill the ''Molten One''

A Dragons Tale Part 4: Wings of life

Information:
He... isss... dead, my race... isss freed, I... am complete again... yesss. Even thoght I do not which to ssspeak about thessse thingsss, they burdensss my heart yesss. But you dessserve to know of them. Firssst we have the litle onesss deadsss that I mentioned yesss, litle onesss had a sssport called dragon hunt yesss, litle onesss kill... they kill... killed my brother... my... mother yesss. That is forget now yesss, a fresssh ssstart yesss. Sssecond isss the molten one yesss, he came to us asked for help and lured my race into the dark onesss trap YESSS. I where the only one to young to help then yesss, I stayed in the nessst yesss. The dragon race dont get many children yesss, maybe one or two every century yesss. That isss my storysss, you think you dessserve a bigger revard then jussst our help dont you yesss? I have ssstasssh of ssshiniesss by the tree yesss, take what you find usssefull I dont care about that junk anymore when my race isss out there. Tell your leadersss about what happend here yesss. From today you shall be known asss <name> the Sssavior amongssst my race.

Options: Report to the general about your alliance with the dragons.

A Dragons Tale Part 2: A Bad Choise litle One
(This quest is retrived if the hero chooses to attack Dahlnia)

Information:
All I wanted wasss for our two racesss to live in peace but you ruined my plansss yesss, you are no beter then the dark one yesss. I will either free my race or die trying yesss. Now kill or be killed yesss!

Options: Kill Dahlnia and bring her head to the general.

A Dragons Tale Part 3: You fool!

Information:
The mages can sense a infernal presense of pure fire that was brought into this world when the dragon died. This one must be deafeted and it's your duty to killl him since you stand responsible for this. Go hurry before he gets to the city. If you survive him take his heart and bring it to me and you will get your damned revard.

Options: Kill the ''Molten one and take his heart back to the general.

Level 7
A simple request

Info:
Hello there!Can you help me?I was robbed by a bandit group from the north.They stole my family's artifact crafted by my ancestors.Can you retrieve it please?I'll see that you are rewarded.
objective:claim the artifact

After the quest you will go down a hill(it will be built in a hill) and meet a bandit.Then he will explain you that they were formal followers of the light and they wanted to kill the man you helped before was a follower of the dark one and he would take over the nearest village.
Options:
1.Kill the man you fought and destroy the artifact.(good)
2.Remain silent(neutral)
3.Kill both of them and claim whatever loot you find(evil)

Level 24
It was a while since I posted a suggestion here so here you go

We Fight Fire With Water:

Information:
Something came out in the night and put the farm on fire. Here take these water elementals and bring them to the fires, once they're there they will detonate which will spread water all over the place and putting the fire out.

Goal:
Use the water elementals to put out the fires.

Level 19

Animal Hunter Quests

A. Wolf Meat
- Wolf Meat has sold a lot these days. I want you to bring me 10 Wolf Meat and i'll reward you.
Reward: Experience and Gold

B. Mama Bear
- Yesterday, I went hunting for bears, but I stumbled on the most scariest thing: Mama Bear. I want you to capture her and give it to me.
Reward: Unlocks Hunter Shop, Experience and Gold

2. Forest Druid

A. Forest Corruption - Act 1
- The Forest seems to be getting corrupted by dark energy. I feel myself weakening. I want to to investigate whats happening. Collect 3 Corrupted Wood around the forest and bring it back to me.
Reward: Experience and Gold

B. Forest Corruption - Act 2
- Now the creatures have been getting slowly corrupted. If nothing is done, this place might be a ghost forest. Now, I want you to kill 10 Corrupted Creatures around the forests and bring me their skin.
Reward: Corrupted Tree Club (Weapon), Experience and Gold

C. Forest Corruption - Act 3
- Looks like it showed up. The Dark Matter (monster) has revealed itself. We must destroy it before it fully corrupts the forest. Kill it and bring me the energy from inside it.
Reward: Dark Blade (Weapon), Experience and Gold

D. Forest Corruption - Act 4
- Dark Matter has died, but now the Forest Sage has been corrupted. He is one of my kind, but the only corrupted one left. Kill him to restore peace to this forest. It is for the greater good.
Reward: Unlocks Druid Shop, Sage Staff (Weapon), Experience and Gold

Level 27
I like the hunter quest ideas... actually I was thinking about some preparations for some grand hunt... which would end up with the hunt itself. It goes like this:
You come to some hunters camp, and you discover that some local duke/royal family member/just some rich guy is going to start a largest hunt in the history of the hunting. The hunt is about to start, but not all is prepared - so you can volunteer to help. Firstly, you have to do some item-collecting quests - go to the local tavern where the rich guy lost his quiver and then fight some drunkard thieves who, as turns out, stole it. Then you have to collect some sticks for arrows. After that you need to train the hunting dogs - actually, you just have to survive some time while they'll be attacking you. You can, actually, just keep runing around if your hp is low - just hold on for minute or two.
After that, the big hunt begins. You know, all the dogs and hunters with bows just ram into the forest, killing all the animals. After you kill x amount of animals, you awaken ancient spirit of the forest, so you have to kill it. Unfortunately, it still manages to kill the rich hunter guy.
As a reward you recieve the rich guy's hunting dog as your companion, and you also get some cash and probably some bow or whatever.

Level 16
SotP_Orb.png
Name_Quests.png

Required Level

(Insert hero level amount)

Start Place

(Where and who does it start by)

Finish Place

(Where and who does it finish by)

Quest Description

(When taking the quest)

Required kills

Example: ( 10 Slain Wolf's )

Example: ( 10 Wolf Teeth's )

Example: Help Kobas escape

(Required / Chooseable)

Experience

Gold

Lumber

Any custom thing like bonus ability etc

I would like if you could fill this form in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 13
Well you know here is nothing done to terrain yet( only starting town ), Kobas just started to work on it... About items: For hard quests better items, for talking just money or an apple etc. It's possible to do a quest-chain( like at main quests ) and after finishing that 3-5 quest following each other you will get a bigger reward.

Level 27
No, I mean, what about unique rewards. You know, some unique name (John's pickaxe of greatefulness, Trophy Shield), and some additional minor stat changes - some extra bonuses. Given for some more or less immportant missions, and quest chains. So what I'd like to know, what stat differences these items should have from common.

Level 2
-Ranked In The Arena ( i am bad at names ^^)
What about an arena event in the map?
U can verv urself in too the arena or Bet on a fight. When u bet u can choose how much like to bet like 25/50/100/200. U watch 2 warriors or somthing fight (They may have Crit% , Dodge% abilitys for make not 100% chance to win). If u win, u get the doubbel amout of what u give, but if you verv ur self to the arena (Fight ur self) , u get 100 each fight. And add 50 gold each rank u get. maybe like 1 rank up after 5 battles or less?

Second idee*-

-Slave without love
You get in to a conversation with a city villager and a Guard.
The villager Named John Prehvencasen, he tells you about he's brother that got taken by som bandits. the only clue he gives you is that the bandits tok him in to the forrest.
-This quest is about to find hes brother or father if you want to that has been sold as slave to some orc( the bandits sold him). You find som more clues in the forrest and a old witch women that will tell you where to go in change with a demon tool. She tell you to go to a litle shire nearby where some skulls and pots is. You put the skulls togheter and put som of your blood in the pot. then this demon comes that u agein can do a task 4 to get the tool or challenge him.
The reward could be a kind of relic and gold +exp

Hope u liked my ideea :grin:

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
The Golden Goblets

Many valuable items have been dissapearing in the town (which you have not made yet) and some one (maybe nightwatch) asks you to find our who the thief is from the (border or low livers place) and you can choose between sharing the loot or tell it to the nightwatchers. ( I prefer quests where you can choose what you do)

Gardener

An alchemist asks you to take care of his garden (which you have not...) while he is visiting (something something). Every survived cabbage or something will give something (like 50 gold) and you have to water them every 10 hours or something not too much ofc. :) ( you can choose between gold or some cool permanent strenght potion maybe)

Level 3
The Hex

Starts at some town, when you talk to a witch doctor(or a witch) who is shopping(or doing something else) there. He gets angry that you disturb him, so he turns you into a chicken/frog/other tiny creature. While in this form you have some simple critter skills which will help you survive(if it's a chicken - sprint, if it's a frog - hop; perhaps the villagers might get hostile towards you as well while you're hexed).

First you have to find a way to revert to your normal form(that could be done either by finding some magic well, or perhaps by sneaking into the witch doctors hut and finding something that will help there, or if you want to make it more humorous then you can revert by finding a girl that will kiss you(like the stories where a man/woman kisses a frog and it turns into a prince/princess :D)).

After you get your true form back, you want to get revenge at the witch doctor(or stop him from hexing other people), so you sneak into his hut while he's sleeping and steal his staff or something. Or another idea for getting revenge at him is to find a mirror, go into his hut and then when he tries to hex you again for intrusion, the mirror reflects the spell back at the witch doctor, turning him into a chicken/frog/etc.

The reward might be his staff, mask, some enchanted armor you can find in some chest in his hut, some strange potion, an item that will allow you to summon the creature you were turned into, new options opening to get quest or talk to critters or something like that.

The Hex

Starts at some town, when you talk to a witch doctor(or a witch) who is shopping(or doing something else) there. He gets angry that you disturb him, so he turns you into a chicken/frog/other tiny creature. While in this form you have some simple critter skills which will help you survive(if it's a chicken - sprint, if it's a frog - hop; perhaps the villagers might get hostile towards you as well while you're hexed).

First you have to find a way to revert to your normal form(that could be done either by finding some magic well, or perhaps by sneaking into the witch doctors hut and finding something that will help there, or if you want to make it more humorous then you can revert by finding a girl that will kiss you(like the stories where a man/woman kisses a frog and it turns into a prince/princess :D)).

After you get your true form back, you want to get revenge at the witch doctor(or stop him from hexing other people), so you sneak into his hut while he's sleeping and steal his staff or something. Or another idea for getting revenge at him is to find a mirror, go into his hut and then when he tries to hex you again for intrusion, the mirror reflects the spell back at the witch doctor, turning him into a chicken/frog/etc.

The reward might be his staff, mask, some enchanted armor you can find in some chest in his hut, some strange potion, an item that will allow you to summon the creature you were turned into, new options opening to get quest or talk to critters or something like that.
Idea is brilliant really but project and story in general is way to serious.
Maybe I can combine it with some kind of dream where you play as tiny creature or something :)
Idea is good, I will keep it on my mind for sure. :thumbs_up:

Level 6
maybe it was said already, i don't know, but i'll try)

Deadly Disease

You start your quest simple - go and kill the animal which attacks the caravans.
First you need to find it's lair. Ask merchants, look for evidences(detective story a little)
When you get to its lair, you find that animal dying of a random "some kind of plague". You see that's has no danger from it anymore, so you are trying to escape, but the animal(it'll better be a wolf) bites you, and you get diseased too.
After it you are hunted by some executors, but one priest finds a way to help you. Don't forget, if you won't do anything, you'll die soon(Some special potions can stop disease for a while, but then it'll continue growing again). You have to go to the sacred well. But on the road to it you find a necromancer who corrupts the well. You're almost killing him, but he manages to finish his job and escapes.
In this part your disease grows. You are given some special abilities, but you feel approaching death. But you feel something strange. You feel that necromancer, who spread this disease. The priest gives you special sword/staff/bow which's used to kill necromancer. After you find him, you kill him and the disease will be gone.
The reward - that sword/staff/bow absorbes the necromancer's power and you get very strong item)

That was idea for The Fate of Valorgous(but the quest was about werewolf and a little bit differs from this)
If you won't use it, i'll use it in my own project))
(or i'll just create something new in my mind, it's quite simple to me:grin:)

Last edited:
Level 12
Maybe an incentive to complete a quest would be an unlockable store item or access to a small area with slight benefits? Another idea would be a small side quest completed required to begin or continue a larger side quest.

No ideas here. Just commenting on what might be done.

PS. You should add at least a tiny dialogue to each quest, big or small. A description, IMO, is not enough. It doesn't give it enough...depth or meaning to it. Maybe a three to four liner would suffice?

I can handle quest using abilities, buying units etc...
I can use dialogs to display quest info accept and reject button etc.
But I would like to use cinematics only for main quests.

So please if you have any idea, tell me and I will see what can I do about it.
That's why I created only 4 quests so far, so I can change everything more or less easily.

Level 51
The Mine (Don't know a better quest title)

In town, a man talks to you, asking you if you would be so kind looking for his workers in his mine, as he didn't get any response in from the in the last week. When you find the miners, they'll tell you that the working-situation is horrible, nothing is safe anymore, and they are getting payed very badly. They started to do a strike against the mine-owner. Now you have to decide:

a) brutally convince the miners to work again (for example striking at them and stuff), which will in the end get you a gold bonus from the mine owner

b) convince the mine owner to make the mine safer and pay the miners more money, which will in the end get you a special item from one of the miners.

I think this might be a neat idea for a quest, as I used this one in one of my maps too. I don't know if you want to make quests multiple choice, but that's up to you :)

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Idea from Proxys message

Just got an idea that if -Kobas- could create the mining like if you are in mine or in area that you can mine there is 'ore lumps' in walls and things like that. Every time you "use" one of the lumps or what they are you have chance to get nothing ( small of course ) and then a chance to get ore or other minerals. And then there is a real value 'mining' such you can do with all the jobs like 'alchemy' this real orders how much or you receive and what is the chance to success. Like if you pick miner job the mining real is 20% in start and you have 40% chance to reveive ore from mining and 2 ore per lump. If you do not pick miner job the mining real in start is 5% which gives you 10% chance to receive ore and 1 small ore which are cheaper than normal ore nuggets.

This system would give a chance to improve all the jobs and I prefer systems like it.

Also would be really stupid if it would always be 20%. Of course you will improve the real value by 0.5% or something like it per lump mined. ( If succeed more than without. Also there could be teachers like miners in mines that would teach you better how to mine ( Not forever of course ( maybe add the learning point system that I´ve mentioned before ))

So back to PROXYS message maybe the miners would not give an item to you. They would let you to learn from them like 10% more miner job.

What do you think?

Level 6
Speaking of my quest idea, the reward item's stats can change depending on your level. Or(i thought about it at first) you can give this quest at the end of the game)

Here's mine:

The Haunted Village
A village told you: ''Near the temple of light, is located a village that is haunted by evil spirits. Long time ago, in that village, a mage named Deman Birdseye, wanted to learn more magic, to become more powerful. He learned all about magic, and demonology. One day, Deman Birdseye summoned a dark minion to test his skills. But, he didn't knew how to send the dark minion again to world of darkness. The minion cursed him, making him to look like a terribile undead...Deman cursed the other villagers, transforming them into undeads! Now this village is haunted, and can be restored to normal, with the ''Book of Shadows'', that had Deman Birdseye!''

-Find the village and kill Deman Birdseye
-Take the ''Book of Shadows'' and use it to return the village to normal
-Return to Quest Giver

Status
Not open for further replies.