• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need questing ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
right, so this is like my first post in this forum... hello all :)

I'm currently going strong for a couple of months on a different concept for a hero arena, much more teamplay dependant then say, AOS. One of the main features of the concept, is teamplay- AND solo quests, which much be completed to gain influence on the map. But I'm kindda low on ideas as to what/how theese quests should be expressed, and what they should consist of, so if anyone out there ihas some great ideas, feel free to write them down - quest could be any difficulty, and it would be real cool if someone had some quest ideas besides killing monsters or finding items.

-in advance, Thank You

Level 9
Well, you could make some text based quest.
Example:
Your quest is to obtain certain information.
Some npc in the map has the info you need, first you must find the npc, and when you get to it, you're gonna have to talk to it, and depending on how you react to what he has to say, he reacts, eventually, if he likes you, and you make the right choices, he tells you what you need.

This can be done by making, say, everytime the npc says something, you get 2 choices to react (by typing either '1' or '2', or making some other way of choosing options.)
And every option has it's own consequence, every option gets a different reaction, you can choose how deep this conversation goes yourself.

Goodluck!

Level 5
huh ok i was with yaa for a sec angelusz but then lost yaa if its suppossed to be a quest that will be wierd that you would have to have conversation with an npc

simple quest you must find the npc then get the info from him and bring it to another unit as if he needed it

Level 7
@Angelusz - heh, thx! This actually opens up a big window for me ^^ hadn't thought of it!

so like - beat that, and give me an even greater idea lol

Status
Not open for further replies.