• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Quest Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I am in need of ideas for Quests. If you come up with a good idea i can make it fit into the story/theme of the map. The Quests are repeatable for all levels, so best is if the Quests do not become easier with higher levels and items (ofcourse they will become slightly easier in most cases, but should not have a big impact).

They should NOT involve the normal "Kill X of that monster" or "collect x amount of that item".

Be creative; Riddles, puzzles etc.

I am always up for some randomness in Quests, but make sure it is still possible for several players to pick up the Quest at different times.

Ofcourse you will be given +rep and credits for any good and unique idea :)

Here is an example of a very simple Quest that will help you find all the different Quest Givers in the map.
Hide & Seek - You will be given a small description of where a Quest Giver is hiding, when you find one, he/she will give a small description of where to find the next one and so on.

Thanks for taking your time to help!

Elemental Balance - The quest giver will tell you where an altar of an element is, and u should go to put the orb that he\she gives u. When u put the orb at the shrine in the altar, the quest giver will appear, and he\she will tell u where the next altar is and so on.

Infection - The quest giver will give u a torch, and u will go to a plagued village with zombies. U should kill the zombies and then burn them, or they'll revive. After killing the zombies in the village, a surviving villager will tell u where the next plagued village is and so on.

Level 11
Could be some special event at the altar.

The quests i need ideas about should not be as the example that you get shown around to new places (sorry for confusing you), it was only a quest to lead the players to the different quest givers. The quest givers should have some quest like a puzzle for example. I need ideas of different puzzles, minigames or something like that which could work as quests :)

Hope this helps :) thanks for suggestions!

Level 5
A zombie, when killed, drops "The First Page of a Journal" (quest giver)

Ancient Tomb - The first page indicated a secret temple is hidden. The location is in a riddle:

The house of the Old God, you seek.
Underground it is.
Hidden from the sight of the sun and the lady moon,
The fires of the Underworld light it's halls.

X marks the spot but,
easy to find he's not.
Seek the lone broken tree,
And find the X you will.

That's what the old Hermit spoke...

The player has to find the tree, where he will find a skeleton with a magical key by using a Reveal ability (much like the Far Seer's). The key, by activating it from the inventory, reveals the underground door at the side of the broken tree.

In the temple the players will find a good amount of zombies and dead mages. He advances by finding more pages of the journal that give hints at how to resolve the different deadly puzzles. Close to the end he finds the dead Journalist along with his final words, written in blood, next to the last puzzle. The player will have to look for clues elsewhere, as the journal gives no hints.

Once through the last one, he could find an end boss or not. He could find a magical artifact or you could put a more unconventional twist to the end of the dungeon. For example, you could reveal as an end boss, an important character in the story, like the protagonist's girlfriend or mom (revealing he/she is an Old Crazy Demi-God).

Level 11
A zombie, when killed, drops "The First Page of a Journal" (quest giver)

Ancient Tomb - The first page indicated a secret temple is hidden. The location is in a riddle:

The house of the Old God, you seek.
Underground it is.
Hidden from the sight of the sun and the lady moon,
The fires of the Underworld light it's halls.

X marks the spot but,
easy to find he's not.
Seek the lone broken tree,
And find the X you will.

That's what the old Hermit spoke...

The player has to find the tree, where he will find a skeleton with a magical key by using a Reveal ability (much like the Far Seer's). The key, by activating it from the inventory, reveals the underground door at the side of the broken tree.

In the temple the players will find a good amount of zombies and dead mages. He advances by finding more pages of the journal that give hints at how to resolve the different deadly puzzles. Close to the end he finds the dead Journalist along with his final words, written in blood, next to the last puzzle. The player will have to look for clues elsewhere, as the journal gives no hints.

Once through the last one, he could find an end boss or not. He could find a magical artifact or you could put a more unconventional twist to the end of the dungeon. For example, you could reveal as an end boss, an important character in the story, like the protagonist's girlfriend or mom (revealing he/she is an Old Crazy Demi-God).

Pretty cool idea :) i think i could have use for something like this for an end-game quest.. Do you have any ideas for what the puzzles/challenges could be to overcome in the temple?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
seems like I got to help you (again :D)

Mental sickness
you arrived to a village and everyone does not care about anything they barely got any happy feeling at all, find the source of the corruption of their minds.

into the temple
you have found a old temple which makes you intrested you want to investigate it but for sure there are traps all the way through

Level 5
Pretty cool idea :) i think i could have use for something like this for an end-game quest.. Do you have any ideas for what the puzzles/challenges could be to overcome in the temple?

I can think of some platforming puzzles. But they could depend on the hero's skills. Take for example the Tomb of Sargeras in the TFT NE Capmaign. There are some puzzles there that require the Warden's Blink.

I imagine the temple involving a lot of fire traps, spike traps, etc. Traps that if you fail, you die or at least lose a good amount of health. Typical traps that require learning it's sequence to avoid them safely. You could have Mirror Image to use the duplicates to test the traps.

OR, altoghether, you can make the traps based on the Temple's lore. Maybe the priests in the temple carried some kind of artifact that gave them the required abilities to avoid the traps. Or maybe they had a key that shut them down temporarily.

Maybe they used puzzles that required knowledge of their religion or of a past age. And the player would have to look on books or he'd have to solve a puzzle to understand their ancient language (like replacing the alphabet with random symbols).

Level 11
seems like I got to help you (again :D)

Mental sickness
you arrived to a village and everyone does not care about anything they barely got any happy feeling at all, find the source of the corruption of their minds.

into the temple
you have found a old temple which makes you intrested you want to investigate it but for sure there are traps all the way through

Thanks :) I will probably use this temple idea with traps and puzzles. Just have to come up with some nice mind-cracking puzzle ;)

I can think of some platforming puzzles. But they could depend on the hero's skills. Take for example the Tomb of Sargeras in the TFT NE Capmaign. There are some puzzles there that require the Warden's Blink.

I imagine the temple involving a lot of fire traps, spike traps, etc. Traps that if you fail, you die or at least lose a good amount of health. Typical traps that require learning it's sequence to avoid them safely. You could have Mirror Image to use the duplicates to test the traps.

OR, altoghether, you can make the traps based on the Temple's lore. Maybe the priests in the temple carried some kind of artifact that gave them the required abilities to avoid the traps. Or maybe they had a key that shut them down temporarily.

Maybe they used puzzles that required knowledge of their religion or of a past age. And the player would have to look on books or he'd have to solve a puzzle to understand their ancient language (like replacing the alphabet with random symbols).

I will use some of these ideas, thanks :)

Level 5
:thumbs_up: Glad to be of help!

If you need a hand creating the specific puzzles, you can PM me if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.