Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Quests] - Ideas For Side Quests

Discussion in 'Project Development & Idea Factory' started by The_Mirai, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Makes perfect sence.
    Anyway how exactly wil we do that?

We can make a simple reaction and counter minigame. Like some appropriate action message appears (Like "Joke" or "Corcee" (Or whatever that was)). And now this is not like with that wheel in TES4, it would be more of Symon says. Some mesage appears, you have to click right button on time, if you pick wrong or not click on time it counts as failed. So you get 25 clicks in total. each incrteases success by 50. every time you answer right, the timer get faster and you have to click as fast as possible, not sure how to indicate the time you got though, maybe floating text color?

2. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Alchemistry brothers

You meet some alchemist or potion merchant in a town. He tells you a story that his father who was an alchemist too died not so long time ago and that his brother stole the formula they both should have recieved, and ask you to find the brother who is located somewhere near to the town, and take away the formula of some potion. Now see, when you find the other brother, he tells you that the father gave all the alchemical equipment to him, because the first brother doesn't know nothing about alcemistry and just wants to earn extra money by seeling everyhint. So there are three options:
    1. You kill the second brother and give the formula to first one, gaining some money and some very useful item.
    2. You steal the alchemistry set from first brother and second one gives you a potion that increases attributes or shares the formula if you're an alchemist.
    3. You kill both brothers and and combine the alcemistry equipment with formula and reiceve a device that would keep you suppied with the formula. Dunno, maybe just a "potion" with no charges and cooldown, maybe some special device of some type...

3. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    A Uncommon Plauge-

Information:
    Many animals have been corrupted most odd of all are the giant rats that have been multiplying gravely in the south and they have been attacking travelers on the road. We have put out some of our best knights to prevent the giant rats from spreading to the nearby farms and eating up our entire stock of food. However if the knights would leave their post the giant rats would be able to sneak by and eat our stock of food so we need you to kill the giant rats.

1. Kill all the giant rats and save the village
    Revard: A amount of money

2. Kill the guards and take their armors and let the rats destroy the supply of food.
    Revard: Avarge items

4. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    A strong curoption:

Information:
    As you might alredy know most of the wildlife have alredy been curopted by some strange curse. Most people think it's the so called ''Shadow Lord'' hehe, those damned priests might have fooled the other but I'm not stupid. There is no such thing as the ''Shadow Lord'' it's only made up storys by men in dresses. Anyway I did not summon you here for fancy talk, there are people in the town who have been corrupted, I want you to find these people and slay them. I'll promise you a reward if you bring me five corrupted villager heads.

Options:

1. Kill all the corrupted villagers and bring their heads to the guard.

2. Capture the corrupted villagers and bring them to the priests to see if they can cure them.

5. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Excellent idea I know cool models and icons that will go with this quest.
    I will ofc edit quest story to suit terrain, difficulty and gameplay but main concept will be there :thumbs_up:

6. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    A sharped sensed ally:

Information:
    Hello stranger, I know that this must seem strange to you and yes I am a cat and not a mage in disguise. I where an experiment and the mage used me to find out ways to improve their own race. However they dont seem to have to have worked with any cat earlier because they did not expect me to actually be faster then their own magic. However I can sense that what is keeping this wildlife curropted is not the Shadow Lord as you call him but a lurking shadow in the south keeping himself hidden from all human senses. I am however not as unskilled as a human, no I would never give up my nature just to live in tree shelters things you so fancy call homes. I can see this shadow with my eyes, sense his movements in the ground and taste him in the air. I will however help you to kill this shadow to save my kind from the maw of madness. I will charge him forcing him to reavel himself to be able to defend himself. And if you as much as consider telling these two feated mages about my location I will be gone before you know it. If you help me with this task I will teach you my ways.

Options:

1. This cat is a desperate soul crying for help, I must him get back his loved ones.

2. This cat is mad and should be alerted about.

Justice must be done!:
    (this quest is given to you if you help the cat.)

Information:
    You have helped me human maybe you're not all twisted after all. If you want to fulfill the training about the ways of the cat you must however complete one last task. Help me free the other ones who where imprisoned by these mages and kill their jailors.

Options:

Kill the mages and free the other animals.

A hairy criminal:
    (this quest is given to you if you tell the mages of the cats location.)

Information:
    Capture that cat and bring him to us so we can do some experiments.

Options:

Capture the cat.

7. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    The cat idea sounds somewhat lame... esspecially since creating or modifying a living creature might require a lot of magical talents and only the greatest mages can work on it...

So okay, we got some predatorous but intelligent magical creature, created by powerful mage. Since it escaped, I guess it's creator (One of the most famous mages in region) should offer you to capture the creature - that would be going to the forest it's hiding, fight it, get the life up to like 25% and there you go, creature captured. Of course, you can also go in more alternate way, talk to the creature (Might require something, like going to certain location or talking to some of creature creator's apperientices), it will beg you to stop the unholy experiments by freeing other brethren and destroying some artifact mages are practicing with. Of course, there can be the third way - some other, less famous and powerful mage who is jealous to first one, might offer you to slay the creature for excange of the special potion that enchances your cahracter's qualities, like nightvision and agility bonus. Fourth way could be, well, reporting the unholy experiments to the local town guard captain, and then joining the guards assaulting the mages and slaying all the animals and mages for the sake of town's safety. This way could would get the town guard gratitude - maybe some of their equipment, or some of trophies from the mages.

8. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Who said that the cat where created or turned intelligent by a person? I simply said that he could talk. We know only of the limits of one animals intelligens and that's ourselves.

9. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Interesting ideas you got there...

10. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks Kobas I can alweys trust that you got my back :) But could you be a litle more specific?

11. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I kinda had an idea:
    Exorcism

While traveling in forest you find a small hut, and the man and woman there say that their only child is possesed with a demon. So you go to the nearest temple, and ask the priest what to do. He says that the books for wxorcism rituals have been stolen by some cultists few months ago and last time someone was possesed he was forced to kill the person. So you have to hurry up and collect all three tomes of book from some random bandits/cultists/whatever. Then you with priest go to that hut, start a ritual, but demon comes out outside the child's body, child falls unconcious, and you have to:
    1.Kill the demon. The child will die too, and the parents won't forgive you that, but the priest will be grateful to you for helping.
    2. Hold the demon for some time until the ritual will be complete. It will be much harder not to kill, but this way the child will survive, and so both parents and priest will give you a reward.

12. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    So you're telling me that a talking cat is to unreal and you come up with demons?

13. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    No, talking cat is too... furry.

Erm, my quest is not meant to replace your. It's a completely different quest.

14. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd love to argu more about this quest but it would just be rated as spamm so I'll just post a new quest idea.

And this is why I think -Kobas- should listen to my idea about the cat he said this a litle earlier ''we want to make this map to be as versatile as possible!''

The Hiveworkshop:

Information:

Listen I need your help stranger, me and my lads have been working a long time now to make equpment for the army. However while we where and soled our latest creations a vast number of gigant bugs attacked my workshop and made it their hive. The men I have stationed there died or fled. I need you to eridicate the bugs so that I can get back making big cash. Anyway if you help me with this I'll give you 10% on what we made on the last sell. So what do you say huh?

Options:

1. Save the workshop and help the army.

2. Kill the blacksmith and take 100%

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  15. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I like this workshop idea :)
    I will create quest like that one :)

16. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Some mechanical insect-like automatons? Hmm, I love steampunk.

17. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Workshop will be owned by goblins :)
    And spiders or nerubians will attack them :D

18. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yea that's what I thought to even tho I dont want to decide everything since that will make it feel like you're making a map for me and that sucks the fun out of doing maps.

19. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    A Dragons Tale Part 1: Introductions

Information:
    Hello there litle one, I am called Dahlnia by my people yesss. We dragonsss where once a peacefull race untill the dark one came and corrupted my kind yesss. I fear that I am the only one left with sssanity and I need your help to sssave my kind yesss, you want to help yesss? I am not going to lie to you litle one, the humansss would give you a good number of ssshinesss for my head yess, and you would likely be able to kill me yesss. Hear me out however sssince my race can offer you our acissstance in exchange for revange againssst the dark one. What do you sssay do you want to help me and my race yesss?

Options:
    1. Help the dragon
    2. Slay the dragon and take her head.

A Dragons Tale part 2: I have the bigest friend
    (If you choose to help the dragon)

Information:
    You want to help yesss, you think you are ssstrong enough for what coming ssshal yesss, I belive you do yesss? The dark one has corrupted sssmal onesss ssspirits yess, they keep an artifact yesss. Go to thessse and bring me the artifact litle one and I will be able to free my kind yesss. Help me and litle onesss deadsss in the passst will be forgiven yess.

Options:
    1. Find the artifact Dahlnia is looking for.

A Dragons Tale part 3: This creates more problems then it solves.

Information:
    The dark one isss cleverer then I thought yesss, freing my people will summon the dark onesss ssstrongessst ssservent yesss. It will sssummon the molten one to our location yesss... BETREYAL, BETREYAL, BETREYAL. Forgive me for losssing control over my rage, my hatred yesss... HATRED, BETREYAL, HATRED. We ssshould not talk about thossse thingsss anymore yesss. Give me one promissse yesss, the molten one ssshal die. Tell me when you are prepared litle one, thisss will be the biggessst fire elemental you have ever ssseen yesss.

Options:
    1. Kill the ''Molten One''

A Dragons Tale Part 4: Wings of life

Information:
    He... isss... dead, my race... isss freed, I... am complete again... yesss. Even thoght I do not which to ssspeak about thessse thingsss, they burdensss my heart yesss. But you dessserve to know of them. Firssst we have the litle onesss deadsss that I mentioned yesss, litle onesss had a sssport called dragon hunt yesss, litle onesss kill... they kill... killed my brother... my... mother yesss. That is forget now yesss, a fresssh ssstart yesss. Sssecond isss the molten one yesss, he came to us asked for help and lured my race into the dark onesss trap YESSS. I where the only one to young to help then yesss, I stayed in the nessst yesss. The dragon race dont get many children yesss, maybe one or two every century yesss. That isss my storysss, you think you dessserve a bigger revard then jussst our help dont you yesss? I have ssstasssh of ssshiniesss by the tree yesss, take what you find usssefull I dont care about that junk anymore when my race isss out there. Tell your leadersss about what happend here yesss. From today you shall be known asss <name> the Sssavior amongssst my race.

Options: Report to the general about your alliance with the dragons.

A Dragons Tale Part 2: A Bad Choise litle One
    (This quest is retrived if the hero chooses to attack Dahlnia)

Information:
    All I wanted wasss for our two racesss to live in peace but you ruined my plansss yesss, you are no beter then the dark one yesss. I will either free my race or die trying yesss. Now kill or be killed yesss!

Options: Kill Dahlnia and bring her head to the general.

A Dragons Tale Part 3: You fool!

Information:
    The mages can sense a infernal presense of pure fire that was brought into this world when the dragon died. This one must be deafeted and it's your duty to killl him since you stand responsible for this. Go hurry before he gets to the city. If you survive him take his heart and bring it to me and you will get your damned revard.

Options: Kill the ''Molten one and take his heart back to the general.

20. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmm, you know, dragons are just too mighty and powerful creatures... I guess they would appear only at late game, and it's kinda too early to think about late-game quests, you should consider thinking more about more early quests...