• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quests for one playergroup? {Quests exclusively for a single team}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi I have a little problem with the Questsystem..
Is it possible to create a Quest only for one playergroup?
...So Team1 has a Quest and team2 has another but they couldnt see the Quest from eachother?

Level 9
I don't believe you can. You COULD also create a timer, that when it expires display the text that the players need to see. for instance:
  • Event
    • Time - elapsed game time is 5 seconds
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Game - Display to (all players) the message: This is what you do...
    • Countdown Timer - start Quests as a repeating timer that will expire in x amount of seconds.
  • Events
    • Time - Quests expires
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Quest - display to (allies of (side one)) the hint message: This is what you do...
    • Quest - display to (allies of (side two)) the hint message: This is what you do
That'll get you where you need to go as well. I had to use (side one, two) because i don't know what your forces look like. Just substitute side one/two with players on different sides.

Level 17
Try this :

• Custom script: if ( GetLocalPlayer() == Player(1) ) then
  • Quest - Create a Required quest titled BLA BLA with the description BLA BLA, using icon path BLA BLA
  • Custom script: endif
( GetLocalPlayer() == Player(1) ) is player 2 blue so

0 = Player 1 red
1 = Player 2 blue
2 = Pla.....

you get the point. Don't know if this would work but I think it will.

Level 2
y but how is the command?
if ( GetLocalPlayer() == ???? ) then
I dont know the command to detect the Playergroup?
im such a noob in Jass xD

Level 2
hmm... The syntaxchecker gives an error: Undeclared Variable: spielergruppemenschen
  • Test 3
    • Ereignisse
    • Bedingungen
    • Aktionen
      • Custom script: if IsPlayerInForce(GetLocalPlayer(),spielergruppemenschen) then
      • Quest - Create a Benoetigt quest titled Test with the description Test, using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
how could i avoid that? Is there a custom script to define it? I tested the Set Variable-action from GUI but it gives the same error...

Level 21
  • Quest - Create a required quest titled Test with the description Test, using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
  • Custom script: if IsPlayerInForce(GetLocalPlayer(), udg_PlayerGroup) then
  • Quest - enable (last created quest)
  • Custom script: else
  • Quest - disable (last created quest)
Make sure the PlayerGroup variable is a player group, and contains all players you wish to create the quest for.

Status
Not open for further replies.