• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have a few questions, first of all.How do you link the map together?How do you make sure that everyone have the campaign on Bnet as you will download the map only when you join a game instead of the whole the campaign.

Level 8
The campaign is pretty much compressed into a single Epic-sized map. I know how that might sound, but the map is built to play just like any normal campaign.
For example, you'd play a level, see a clip, then open to a completelly new stage in a campaign. In this, you'd play a level on an area on the map, then upon completion see a clip, then fade to a title and completelly new level elsewhere on the map.
So basically it feels like and plays just like a campaign, but doesn't use multiple .w3x files. It's decently effective, and as far as I know the only way to do this online.

Level 7
lol, I was expecting something never done before like a muti-player campaign with different maps. Althrough i think a muti-player campaign was possible, having a map call the start map that was link to the rest of the campaign, but then sever split is likely to happen.

Level 7
lol, i was really hoping the "revolutionary step", but well any way i will work on the step.I was expecting you to be like someone god sent to teach me how. By the way, how to do break the maxium unit and all in the map?? With trigger or what?

Last edited:
Level 8
I think using World Editor Unlimited helps a bit with the unit limit, but the main way that I avoided unit limits was through triggers and player changes.
Such as triggers which create units at the beggining of each level so that they arn't counted at the beggining of the map, and therefore dont put pressure on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.