• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Failed to download content"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So it goes like this, I bought SC2 and realized that Blizz was being a moron like Steam did.

I've played the campaign and then I felt like playing multiplayer, even while playing the campaign, every time I see a message about "Failed to download content" popping up, I didn't really care much about it that time. It wasn't long till I realized that the 31 MB pack of multiplayer maps have to be downloaded from Bnet server, in game (And the "failed to download content" was about that). My internet connection with Bnet server is pretty screwish somehow, though for my friend it worked instead.

So, in summary, I can't play any multiplayer game because I DON'T have the maps, downloading from Bnet doesn't work as it disconnects and I can never get pass the 25% barrier (where it suddenly breaks and time out). Even if it works, suddenly the estimated dl time become >9000 hours long, which eventually cause it to time out. I've downloaded the whole map pack from the internet (google helps), then I found out another stupid thing about Blizz, which is that I CAN'T manually install the maps into SC2.

Any idea where the downloaded maps are stored? So that I can copy pasta it from my friend to bypass the need of downloading.

Note :
"Go download it from Bnet, it's fast!!" - Screw you, I wont be posting this then.
"Are you playing pirated?" - It's retail.
"Are you connected to the internet?" - I played the whole campaign, I need to be logged into Bnet to do so, did I answer your question?
"Did you forward your port?" - Yes I did, all of them.
"Your pc is made of wood?" - Does pc have something to do with intarnet connection?
"What happened?" - Read the post, don't say TL;DR.
"Did you patch it?" - As for patching, it's uber fast somehow.

I've included a Q&A FAQ too about my post. So anybody can help me on this matter? I don't want my 250 bucks to go to the drain (Yes, it cost me 250 here).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Hmmm very strange. I do agree that map downloading does lockup or error from time to time but its no worse than WC3's "DL stuck" problem.

The map data should be stored temporarrilly in the my documents (documents in modern windows) folder before the game uses. However to stop hacking each time you play it redownloads (or atleast checks) the maps to prevent you from tinkering with them and cheating.

What sort of internet connection are you using? By the sounds of it you eithor have a huge packet loss ratio or are on dial up. But you say patching is uber fast which sort of denies this. However patching probably compensates for packet loss, I am not too sure if battlnet ingame does after the one beta patch they released which I guess made it into the final game.

Ultimatly make sure you run as an administrator, if problem persist try a reinstall. Make sure your firewall or antivirus is not hindering the program. Try running blizzard fixer tool, might have been curroption to some file. Try asking on their forums what the problem might be as Blizzard staff know how the game physically works unlike us.

Level 1
Battle.net forums were down for quite a while when I posted this, but thanks guys. I managed to (at least for now) solve it by copying the whole cache folder from my friend's.

Also, it seems like I'm not the only one having this problem. Quite a lot people in SEA area are having this problem too. Probably it have something to do with the connectivity with Bnet servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.