• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
There are some things that I need help with in making two of my maps. As questions arise I will edit and add them into the first post.
Blue Text = Answered questions
Red Text = Unanswered questions

First: Auras
I need help in making a hero aura that would give, for the first 9 levels, increased attack speed, damage, and run speed. Then on the tenth level it would have to differentiate into giving all the aforementioned bonuses plus an armor boost. Please help.
Second: Multiple shot projectiles
This is a spell for an archer that would increase the amount of arrows that were shot forth by one each level. If you have ever played X Hero Siege and used the Dryad hero, you will know what I mean. An example is: the archer shoots and there are four enemies in front of her. The Multiple Shot spell is level two, meaning she gets two extra arrows. So three arrows would fly out at three different enemies and hit them. I would be grateful to anyone who could tell me how to do this one. Just use the Barrage ability as a model, change it to a hero ability, give it X amount of levels, and change the maximum number of targets for each level.
Third: Attack projectile
This is one I have been trying to make work for a while. The unit is called a Justicar and the model is a regular human knight. The only problem is the attack... projectile I guess. You see, at first what I wanted to happen was that when the knight attacked, it's attack (which is ranged by the way) would be the same thing as the Farseer's chain lightning bolt, minus the chain bounce feature. It would be like he attacks and it shoots a lightning bolt at the target, so his normal attack would be a ranged bolt of lightning. At this point any type of lightning shot would be welcome.
That's all for now, I will add more as they come to me, thank you very much for helping. Okay, apparently there is an attack called "lightning attack," I will check this and confirm in a bit.
Fourth: Blight Disappear at start
Okay, just encountered this problem. When I create blight in the map editor, it disappears when the game starts. How can I make it so it is permanent blight? Never mind, there was a building near the test patch and it had blight dispel.
Fifth: Model help
This is a repeating problem. When I import a model to the map, it works perfectly in the editor, like I can see it. But when I test the map, it just appears as a shadow. Can you tell me why this happens? It's already happened with two models that I have tried, but the other imported model that I am using works fine.
Sixth: NPC Immobile
In one section of the map, there is a hero selection square. You have a wisp, called a hero selector, and you can send it into one of the two circles of power for the heroes there to choose a hero. All the triggerwork to create the hero is complete, but I would like to make an example model of the hero to stand in behind the Circles of Power as a preview as to what you are getting. The problem is that I haven't found a way to show the hero. The simplest, and current method of this is to make Brown an NPC, ally him with everone, and make the heroes for it. I was wondering if there was a way I could keep Brown a human player and use Neutral Passive or something. But the hero shouldn't be able to attack (making brown allied with everyone fixed this).

Last edited:
Level 6
first:
use endurance aura as the base. make a trigger that activates on "unit learns a skill" (compare skill to your aura). use to add "item damage bonus +2" to your unit. also if level of aura for triggering unit is 10, add item armor bonus +5. that's it.

second:
make a multilevel barage ability (number of targers would increase with level). btw, icons of passive abilities can be hidden. search around if you need to do that.

third:
look at how the gold dragons attack (or were they bronze?)...

You could make a trigger, when you gain the ability (Endurance Aura say) then add a disabled spell book to your her with the other auras (if you used Endurance aura, that already gives attack and movement speed bonuses, so you would make the spell book have the other ones [Wardrums(damage), and on level 10 make the spell book contain Devotion aura(Armor)]).
Second: Multiple shot projectiles
What you are looking for is "Split Shot" you can use the Barrage ability. but if it is an activated one, there is a thread that talks about it.
Well, you can have the trigger, when the unit attacks, add the lightning effect from the attacking unit to the attacked unit and also make the "attacking unit" have the projectile speed somthing high, like 5000. Or, I think if you add lightning attack to the unit it works.

Level 4
edge[d1];341980 said:
first:
use endurance aura as the base. make a trigger that activates on "unit learns a skill" (compare skill to your aura). use to add "item damage bonus +2" to your unit. also if level of aura for triggering unit is 10, add item armor bonus +5. that's it.

third:
look at how the gold dragons attack (or were they bronze?)...

i got the second, but I dunno about third, I'll check it in a bit. First needs some clarifying I think, if it was just item damage, wouldn't that only effect the hero?

You could make a trigger, when you gain the ability (Endurance Aura say) then add a disabled spell book to your her with the other auras (if you used Endurance aura, that already gives attack and movement speed bonuses, so you would make the spell book have the other ones [Wardrums(damage), and on level 10 make the spell book contain Devotion aura(Armor)]).
Well, you can have the trigger, when the unit attacks, add the lightning effect from the attacking unit to the attacked unit and also make the "attacking unit" have the projectile speed somthing high, like 5000. Or, I think if you add lightning attack to the unit it works.

Would the spellbook be invisible? Also, how would you make the spellbook?
What lightning attack were you thinking of?

ok, yes. a spell book is invisible if it is disabled. It is originally an item ability but you can easily make it a unit or hero ability. inside there is a data that says the abilities inside. if you make the abilities Auras, and make the spell book have 10 levels, on the 10th level you can add another aura like devotion for the armor. and there is an ability called "Lightning Attack"

Level 4
Cool thanks, I think that was the main clarifier. But I'm not going to turn the first one blue until I have it totally done. You might need to help me a little more.

Level 6
Darn you edge, I was typing the same time you were but you pressed post reply faster than I.
happens to me all the time. luck has changed, old boy...

but I dunno about third, I'll check it in a bit.
just put some gold dragons on a test map and run it. they attack the way you want it.

First needs some clarifying I think, if it was just item damage, wouldn't that only effect the hero?
oh, sorry. my bad. just make a 10 level command aura (unit ability, not hero); when hero learns L1 main aura, add that command aura to him; later just set the level of command aura to the level of main aura.

also for armor - you can make a copy of the neutral hostile version of devotion aura and add it to hero when he learns main aura level 10... just remove all models attached to these secondary auras.

Level 4
No, the barrage ability does not work, all it does is make it so that the Siege Engine is shifted to a siege engine with barrage. It's just a unit type change, not an actual modifier to the unit. Shifted back to unanswered.

Edit: Hold on a second, I was looking at the upgrade.... Let me check the ability.

Second Edit: Sweet, it works! Never mind what I said.

Level 4
First Question:

Make a trigger 'When a hero learns an ability (At level X)' then give armor to the hero. Just make a variable for each hero at the start of the map like i always do, you never know when it can be of use.

First off- Please state what number question you are attempting to answer, and secondly- you can't just post randomly in a topic and hope that it has something to do with what the question was. Your suggestion is of no help to me at the moment.

Level 4
Please! I really need help with the model thing. Like I said before- the model is a corvette, and I can see it perfectly in the map editor, but when the game starts, there is only a shadow where the unit is supposed to be. Please help!

Level 4
Lol, okay....
Plus the only reason I would dl non-mod approved is if I have seen the model used in a map. Also, do I just have to import the skin or do I have to do something else?

Edit: Can you give me a link to the skin? i can't seem to find it.

Level 8
6. NPc as Neutral Passive.

In Editor select any unit. Hit the Enter key on your keyboard. What should pop up is a tiny window that allows you to change the team (Neutral passive is on that list), percentage of life, amount of mana and tabs for drops and abilities.

I have more questions how can I make cinematic after i end the map

Use the event. I assume you have a Win situation (Victory) you can use what ever your event is for the victory and run your cinematic sequence. Say X unit is killed as the event.

How can I make units tawk when cinematics are played becouse when I make unit say somthing on animation he just moves e's mouth on the picture

The harsh cruel reality is that Blizzard pulled the wool over our eyes. They had actors for WC and WOW who talked out scenes. All of that was added by the import manager as sound extras for each map.

I believe simple Mp3 can be uploaded onto a map for sounds - good luck on finding actors to say the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.