• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Questions about YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

A month ago, I started this channel:
Oaf Jabber
(I think it is fine if I just mention/promote it here once, right? :D)

Still, I'm lack of copyrighted-related knowledge, I wonder how to know whether the used external music/sound sources are copyrighted or not copyrighted? And so what about thumbnails' pictures? If I just google any random pic and then edit it, and if the pic is copyrighted (claimed by someone), do I really need to put credits, or is it that I need to buy it then edit it with claimant's permission so the youtube video thumbnail pic is fine? But so far I just detect music source copyright claimed by others instead of the copyright of thumbnail pic I set for my youtube vids, and why is it so if thumbnail pic is fine even tho it is copyrighted?

About the games, how to know the game that I would like to record then upload to YT allows us to record and upload the gameplays (by asking through feedback or..?)? Or is it that any game can be recorded and uploaded to YT no matter what?

Level 19
A month ago, I started this channel:
Oaf Jabber
(I think it is fine if I just mention/promote it here once, right? :D)

Still, I'm lack of copyrighted-related knowledge, I wonder how to know whether the used external music/sound sources are copyrighted or not copyrighted? And so what about thumbnails' pictures? If I just google any random pic and then edit it, and if the pic is copyrighted (claimed by someone), do I really need to put credits, or is it that I need to buy it then edit it with claimant's permission so the youtube video thumbnail pic is fine? But so far I just detect music source copyright claimed by others instead of the copyright of thumbnail pic I set for my youtube vids, and why is it so if thumbnail pic is fine even tho it is copyrighted?

About the games, how to know the game that I would like to record then upload to YT allows us to record and upload the gameplays (by asking through feedback or..?)? Or is it that any game can be recorded and uploaded to YT no matter what?
do you not need to worry if a game or music or pic is already sold and used by millions. this fall's under public property. meaning once it is well known it belongs to no one. as long as you aren't selling it you do not need to ask permission. however if you profit off your YouTube account then that is a whole other story. you will need written permission to use their work. you could however write a policy before you videos show.

'source material in this clip does not belong to me. I do not hold any responsibility for how you new or use my video. I will not accept any blame for improper use of these videos or source material'

still. youi should get a second opinion as I've only done this legal thing a few times

Status
Not open for further replies.