• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Did Darky work for Blizzard at any time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Read over the Legal FAQ for Blizzard, and it said that they don't accept unsolicitated submissions for maps, expansions, or campaigns, meaning that you would not be able to copyright a Warcraft III map without getting sued. So, I'm thinking Darky worked for Blizzard at one point since he copyrighted his campaigns, or did he just go through a huge legal deal to do that?

Level 12
I doubt it. Besides, everyone with Warcraft projects basically put their own copyrights. And correct me if I'm wrong, but Darky has mentioned it himself.

Off-topic thing: What anime is your avatar from. =P

Level 22
If you ever read the TOS for the SC and Wc3 map editors, Blizzard has ownership over any file made by those editors. Sneaky ****ards. If blizz doesnt like a project, they can shut it down at a whim. So yes, copyrights are kinda....pointless....for costom projects. If you think I'm wrong, ask the team that tried to make an SC mod for Zero Hour.

Blizzard, being the elitist ****** they are, refuse to accept fan-made material, regardless of its quality or how well it follows the original storyline, because they are affraid it'll "corrupt" their series. If you think I'm wrong, read their faq.

I'm a published author, and I once applied to become a writer for them. That's basically the spew they threw at me....makes me think where they get their in-house writers to write their novels, then.....probably the "good 'ol boy" system....
-VGsatomi

@seagull: Love Hina

Level 12
Blizzard can be a bit of the bragging selfish ****tards that refuse to give in. So why did they release the Map Editor? Pfff... that would be too much if RightField's TToR was halted.

@antihero: True.

@VGsatomi: That Mutsumi? Bah, then this calls for... the magic flying turtles! Bwahahahaha :twisted:

And here is my twisted weapon: http://img238.exs.cx/img238/8540/giantphotos8su.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.