• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Questions about Object Editor data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
So, I have another question related to the Object Editor. It's about turn rate. When it's said that a unit has 0.5 turn rate, what does it mean? Is it that the unit will turn 0.5 degrees/radians away within certain intervals? Or that the unit will turn to target angle exactly in 0.5 second? Or does it mean something else?

I name the thread so because I'm afraid I will have other object editor related questions later, so I don't need to create new thread each time.

Level 37
I remember amateurly trying to test this some time ago and found that the value you input into Object Editor is the speed. I'm not entirely what formula in the game engine is used, but it makes sense for it to be some interval in radians divided by the turn rate.

I name the thread so because I'm afraid I will have other object editor related questions later, so I don't need to create new thread each time.

It's better to have a lot of threads with specific titles and questions versus one generic thread that has a lot of questions :p

EDIT: Maybe DOTA 2 has the same turn rate mechanic as WC3?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.