• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question on Updating Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey Guys,

Quick question here, I've loved Warcraft 3 for many, many years now since I was very young and there are plenty of Maps I have that while unprotected, and not playable on the newer versions. Is there any possible way to update Maps for 1.27a? Obviously there has to be some way because it has been done for Maps like Fortress Survival and such, but what exactly is the process? I'm having trouble finding sources to resolve this topic on the internet, so I figured I'd come here to the Warcraft 3 Big Bois and Masterminds. Let me know, as anything would be greatly appreciated!

Cordially,
Adorm

Most of the maps that do not work on the latest patch were made prior to patch 1.24, and took advantage of an exploit known as the "return bug". More info can be found here:

Make a Map Work for Patch 1.24

Fixing it can be as straightforward as changing H2I to use return GetHandleId(h), or as complex as rewriting a bunch of code. It depends on the map. Some of those maps are even protected, which can make it a little more tedious to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.