• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

It is actually possible to improve reforged graphic quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

jixed

Hosted Project: QM
Level 8
I hope it's possible to make war3 reforged looks better. I admit that I got a bit disappointed in the first few weeks after the game released.

I tried many methods in world editor according to my working experience, and I think I might find a way to improve the graphic outcome for warcraft reforged.

This is not a terrain design post, but graphic quality in general. I think it's better to put it here.

I recently did a map project and explored the graphic possibilities for war3 reforged, and set up a pipeline in my own custom map. It's pretty much like the 2018 BlizzCon render style, here is an example of the real-time game scene.
v2-fe5a1cac5c56df95b179e2285de3a18e_r.jpg

Here is the gameplay demo.

Here is the map download link.
http://www.warchasersreforged.com/Human6proto.w3x

Here is how I made it
Reforged of warcraft III reforged - THE CULLING I
(forgive my shitty writing lol)

Maybe it's possible to apply these methods to future maps? I really expect it's possible to get some attention.

Thank you for reading. I'm trying to push this thing even further. I will update this thread and make patches from time to time.

The map file will be unlocked after a stable version is done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.