• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

(Question on resources) Not sure where to put this question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
A lot of the files I download from this site do not show up in the editor or in-game. Many of them are "approved" here, so maybe there is just something I'm missing? Why don't all the models show up for me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm there's a few places this could fit in.... I think this is probably the most appropriate place since you seem to be posing a general question, but if it's about models then it could be more suited to the model forums or possibly world editor help....

I guess the thing to ask first is what is the nature of your error?
Like any specific models that refuse to work for you?

It could be just be something simple like you not importing the skin to the correct path, but then it could be something else - I've found a few resources that just don't seem to work period and you may have just stumbled on one of them.

Level 2
Well something I can think of real quick for example is Naga models. Most of the ones I downloaded don't show up in my editor or game... This happens with newer and older files on the site. Sometimes a file will shop up in the editor then won't in the game (and next time I'm in the editor, the file doesn't show there either). I just figured with so many models on here and no complaints, there must be something I am missing.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

If the model uses custom textures, you'll need to import them to the right paths - note that the path should use \ and not /. After you've imported a texture, I don't know if it applies to models, you have to save the map (make sure no unit that is placed on the map uses the recently imported texture) and exit the editor, before starting the editor again and loading the map. If this doesn't solve it, I suggest you link some of the resources that are not working for you, so somebody else can test them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.