• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

question about taunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
hey i am using vanillia taunt, i changed it slightly. but the issue is whenever my unit uses taunt the enemy will be chasing him till the end of the world and only stop when they are blocked by others unit and they cannot reserach the taunter.

i would like to make it so units chase taunter for max 20 seconds then they stop is that possible? i mean they should stop if taunter goes too far.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Cast Taunt Trigger:
A unit casts taunt -> Pick every unit within taunt range of the caster -> If picked unit is an enemy and can attack the taunter -> Add picked unit to TauntUnitGroup -> Create a Dummy and order it to cast a Taunt buff on the picked unit (base it on the Slow ability) -> Turn on Taunt Periodic Trigger

Taunt Periodic Trigger:
Every 0.25 seconds -> Pick every unit in TauntUnitGroup -> If picked unit has Taunt buff equal to false -> Order picked unit to stop -> Remove picked unit from TauntUnitGroup -> If TauntUnitGroup is empty then Turn off Taunt Periodic Trigger

The Dummy Slow ability should last 20.00 seconds. Set it's slow to 0% and create a new buff for it (Taunt buff).

You may want to remove the Taunt buff from the units if they change targets, for example in response to them attacking a different unit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.