• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about a model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi and Welcome!

As the title already suggests, i've got a question about a model of mine. I made a Bubonic Plague model that is made for being attached to a variety of organic units' heads as a disease effect. It's made for being attached like an attachment to the infested victim. After the first moderation, i'd like to ask you for your oppinion: do you think it would be a good idea to add a red discoloration area around the cysts (the black spots) or do you think i should live it as is?
So far i didn't add such an effect, as i am pretty sure that it won't be all to much visible ingames and only add more file size.

Unfortunately, as some of you might already know, after my laptop crashed, i have no properly working Warcraft 3 (i managed to copy the game from laptop's hardrive to my PC; MPQs and such work fine with Magos and other tools, but the game itself and Warcraft 3 Editor don't work and i was unable to find my Warcraft CDs so far :vw_sad:). The reason why I'm asking is that, is coz you, the bright mass, are the ones who might be using this resource, so i want to know what the majority of you would prefer. :wink:

So, plz, your oppinion about the red discoloration is asked now!

In best regards,

Uncle Fester

Level 51
I can't really see the usage of this model as you won't see much of it ingame, if you want to display ill people you most likely go for the whole colorisation method, for example a green coloured villager as in the campaigns.

Also the problem is that every head is differently shaped, I'm sure that at most models the dots either levitate in the air or dissapear in the body.

No offense.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
This is a particularly useful model... For a particularly specific case.

If anyone's doing stuff with Villagers, and/or first-person maps, I think this just fine (no red-stuff, whatevs). However, in-game, and all the different head-shapes available... I dunno, I guess this is why Blizzard chose to put buffs/effects on top of a units' head.

I can't really see the usage of this model as you won't see much of it ingame, if you want to display ill people you most likely go for the whole colorisation method, for example a green coloured villager as in the campaigns.

Also the problem is that every head is differently shaped, I'm sure that at most models the dots either levitate in the air or dissapear in the body.

No offense.
No offense taken, but could you plz stay on topic? The question is about putting a red crust around the cysts, not how usefull the model is/what possible disadvantages are. :vw_sad: This aside, i made 2 models so that they fit to a variety of heads.....the one is for units with a broader and thicker chin (like villagers and grunts) and the other one is for models with a somewhat longer head and thinner chin (like Arthas and trolls). I just found out that there's a little issue in the positioning of the model. If that's fixed it should attach properly to the "Head". :wink:

This is a particularly useful model... For a particularly specific case.

If anyone's doing stuff with Villagers, and/or first-person maps, I think this just fine (no red-stuff, whatevs). However, in-game, and all the different head-shapes available... I dunno, I guess this is why Blizzard chose to put buffs/effects on top of a units' head.
OK.....i know that it isn't usefull for every case, but IMO, if it is good for one, it is worth being uploaded. This aside, i think there are quite some FPS and RPG maps around, for which it could be of use. :wink: For the head shapes, same as above. Hm, that buff brings me to an idea...... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.