• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Modeling help. Model questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi all, I'm not that much of a poster here, but i've been around for a while. Anyways, i've had my try at all the aspects of wc3 editing, from trigering to Jass (i've put that on hold), from skinning to modeling. I've given up once at modeling, but i'm willing to try again by myself as no one is willing to help. Anyways, i just have a few questions that i hope can be answered by someone.

1. The dwarven general was previously part of the mortar unit team and the first attempt at singleing him out as a model made his selection circle wierd, but someone edited and fixed that problem. I have the same problem, but it's with the moon well effect. If it's used as a unit model, it isn't centered in the middle of the selection. I was just wondering how this can be accomplished (to make it so that the selection is in the center of the amna pool effect)

2. I also want to know how you add attachment points to units through modeling, or notepad.

3. I was wondering how you set up the water elemental skin on other units. I want to know how to add multiple skins to one unit, like the water elemental.

4. I need to know how to wrap the skins to a model using Gmax as the tool. Or can some one at least direct me to a working link of a tutuorial.

5. I was wondering if anyone knew an easy way to just change the shape of a model and keep the exact same animations.

6. I need to know how to attach bones to a model, a tutorial would be nice.

That's all I have, or can think of now. I ask that some one answer some questions as answering some may eliminate the need for others (the model questions i find are the most important)

Level 10
Alright, don't tell me that out of the hundreds of modelers that visit this site, NOT A DAMN ONE can answer any questions. For fricks sake, someone amnswer; hell i've seen you guys answer the dumbest posts before, so why not answer when someone asks for help? hmmm.

Level 13
I've just begun modeling myself, but I'll try and help you out as much as I can.

1. I can't really help you there.

2. This is a great tutorial.

3. Can't help you there.

4. Look at 2, although that isn't the best way to skin, I reccomend getting a program called ChilliSkinner(freeware, can only handle low poly models and uncomplex objects) or Ultimate Unwrap 3D (you have to pay for it, but works fully for any models).

5. If you animate using bones, I think editing the model won't change the animations.

6. Look at 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.