• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about 3dsmax version for modeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ok now I need some tips for animating high poly models.
Well in 3dsmax9 I think weight table works little different and pisses me off.

Its quite hard to set values there as I need to remove vertexes attached from bone to bone. Ok I cant explain that well. Anyway, If I'm using turbo smooth. Would be a good idea, or possible, (gonna try that now) to make animations for model, bla bla bla. Collapse all and then use turbo smooth ? Coz if I smooth if and convert to mesh there are just to many vertexes and its hard to make translations for animations. Anyway I'm only having hard time skinning model for animations... rest isnt so hard to me... Any fast tips there. Thanks.

EDIT: Ok its possible to animate mesh in low quality and then improve quality. But is there any option that gives me easier rigging, like mirroring some things, etc.
For example if I'm rigging mesh for 1 leg, can that what I'm doing apply to another leg ? xD

This is all related with wc3 :p . And nobody really knows anything about that. If you want to learn it by yourself you can or try and try what will take forever or you can pay yourself a school... so I'm asking here for help :p .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.