• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quest trigger, killing a certain amount of units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm needing a trigger where you kill enough of the same unit, so say you have to kill 15 footmen in order for the quest to be completed or say complete and then you have to go into the circle of power in order to fully complete it to gain exp and money, (and you do have a quest item description for that quest in your inventory, so when you turn it in, the quest item description in your inventory will be turned in aswell). Multiple players can take up on this quest.

Level 12
Here you go a test map with the triggers.
What to copy:
1 - go to File>Preferences>General and select option "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting triggering data;
2 - in Trigger Editor copy folder "Quest"
3 - copy region called "QuestRegion";
4 - in triggers replace the values you need, like Footmans, the Quest Item and Reward...

Attachments

• Quest.w3x
    15.3 KB · Views: 99
Level 1
Here you go a test map with the triggers.
What to copy:
1 - go to File>Preferences>General and select option "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting triggering data;
2 - in Trigger Editor copy folder "Quest"
3 - copy region called "QuestRegion";
4 - in triggers replace the values you need, like Footmans, the Quest Item and Reward...

Thank you so much!!

The only thing I reall need to do is to make it so it doesn't say 17+ out of 15 killed, and to make it so this quest is only active when the person bought/has the item of the quest.

Do you know how to make it so it stops saying (number of kills) out of 15 when you hit 15 kills?

That and I need this quest active for the hero only when you buy an item from the quest vendor. (the item can be a carriable, thats sorta what i plan)

Level 1
So if i got you right you need to activate the quest when hero has item, right?
And no problem i'll fix the text so it will show only till 15.
Edit: if i got you right i attached the new version.

Omg dude, you're so awesome xD

Thank you so much for your help, it'd taken me hours to find out how to do this man.

Thanks! +Rep :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.