• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quest help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I'am working on a map and i need some help with two quest questions.

1. How you make it say like wolfs killed 1/12 when you kill the first wol.
the only way i know to do this is.
but this way it wont work if i kill another wolf first

• Wolf 1
  • Events
  • Unit - wolf 0000 <gen> Dies
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: wolf killed 1/12

2. of if the quest goal is to destroy a base how you do this i prefer if you tell me how to do it with unit group triggers (if that works).

3. another question is how to make a unit look like a ghost i have seen it but i dont find it again
set unit transpart 60% or something like that :p
EDIT: SLOVED ^^

thanks--- :wwink:

Last edited:
Level 17
1. Event: Unit dies
Condition: Unit type = Wolf
Action:
If: Quest active[Questnumber] = True
Then: IF Wolfcount<12
Then
Set Wolfcount = Wolfcount +1
Use array and [numberofplayerofownerofkillingunit] for a specific quest per person/ mui.
Gameplay message conecentrate strings -- "(Wolfcount integer tostring)/12)" + "Wolves killed"
Else: IF Wolf count = 12
Then: Gameplay message conecentrate strings -- "(Wolfcount integer tostring)/12)" + "Wolves killed" +"Quest complete"
Else:
Else:

2. Unit dies
Condition: Unit type of unit = Base--- (For short you can make all bases based of townhalls and use townhall instead.
Action: Complete quest

Edit: aww im forgotten :(

Last edited:
Level 26
  • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
Colors: Red, green, blue. Unit variable/given unit in place of Triggering unit. Last value is transparence what can make unit look like ghost. 0% transparency - fully visible, 100% - insivible.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
  • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
Colors: Red, green, blue. Unit variable/given unit in place of Triggering unit. Last value is transparence what can make unit look like ghost. 0% transparency - fully visible, 100% - insivible.

thanks rep+ :ogre_haosis:

Status
Not open for further replies.