• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Respawning Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello..

I have a little variable problem here... When i try to make unit variable...( etc. Wolf) it show me only preset -----> no unit. I wanna make that wolf, if killed, respawn every 45 seconds.... There are more than 1 wolfs on my map, and i only know how to make it respawn with only one on map.
Please help... :spell_breaker:

yea... but i still can't create unit variable....? I don't know what to do next....plz help

Last edited:
Level 12
That's a problem only in the Events.
It should work in conditions, so what you need to do is:
  • YourTrigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit dies
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering Unit) equal to YourVariableName
    • Actions
      • Blablabla

Level 17
you could create a unit array big enough for every wolf and a location array for their original spots. then create a trigger for each wolf to spawn at original spot when it dies.

Level 1
This works for 1 TYPE of wolf (e.g. Timber, Giant or Dire):

Events
Unit - A unit Dies

Conditions
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to The Wolf

Actions
Wait 45.00 seconds
Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Triggering unit) for Neutral Hostile at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees

This works for 2 TYPES of wolf (e.g. Timber, Giant or Dire):

Events
Unit - A unit Dies

Conditions
((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to The Wolf) or ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to The Other Wolf)

Actions
Wait 45.00 seconds
Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Triggering unit) for Neutral Hostile at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees

Other info
The event is listed under "Generic Unit Event"
The first condition is listed under "Unit-type Comparison"
The second condition is listed under "All - or" and then "Unit-type Comparison"
The actions are straight forward.

If this is not what you ment, my bad, just thought id throw this out incase it was :D
EDIT: This works for 1 or even 15,000 of the same type of wolf (e.g. the first trigger would respawn only timber wolfs (all over map or in specific region).

Status
Not open for further replies.