• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Queen Hederine Toxic Domain v 1.07

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Queen Hederine Toxic Domain

C:\Users\vv\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image002.jpg

133835-66b534ab0ebabc75f3d4e0d38f2eec69.png

This is a 96x96 melee map designed for 1vs1 players. It is designed with the dungeon tile set in combination with the venom tile of Felwood and some others from Black Citadel.
Here we find a natural place with a fortress and a lake. The enviroment was normal in the past, but now is all toxic because of Queen Hederine.

Neutrals and creeps

-7 gold mines (2 Bases: 12500 gold; 1 center 12500 gold, 2 defended with red creep 20000 gold), 2 defended with orange 14000 gold)
-2 goblin markets defended with orange creeps
-2 unguarded taverns.
-2 mercenary camp defended with orange creeps
-1 Marketplace defended with a red creep

Creeps amount
- 6 green creeps (3 per player)
- 8 orange creeps (2 in goblin markets, 2 in mercenary camps, 3 in goldmines, 1 defending nothing)
- 3 red creep (1 in the marketplace, 2 in goldmines of 20000 gold)

Strategy
- A possible point of conflicts could be the goldmine in the center that is less defended.There are 3 ways of attack, 2 ways by the toxic lake and 1 by the fortress.
There are two places to build a tower in the fortress if you raid the mercenary camps, usefull for having a scout place. The market place is in the fortress so it will be an interesting to raid it and boost your heroes with items.

Fictional hystory
Every map I create has fictional history behind its creation, the enviroment will have relation with the fictional history.

The Sayaad are the species of winged deamons wich the succubi race originate. They are predominantly loyal to the Burning Legion. There is no information of the males of this specie, it is unknown if male Sayaad existed, who they would properly be called Incubi. Incubi were mentioned in The Last Guardian.
After the fall of Archimonde and the failure of the Burning Legion, many warlocks choose a succubus as fellow companion.

Lady Hederine participed in the Burning Legion invasion and she can be found in the Darkwhisper Gorge in Winterspring.

After that she returned to Outland and created a small but strong domain proclaiming her self as queen. To avoid the attack of others enemies, she poisoned the water, the land and the air.

"One does not simple walk into Hederine Toxic Domain, there is evil that does not sleep.The queen is always watchful. The very air you breath is poisonous fume".
Words of Doromir, Paladin of New Londor.

No imported matierial has been used, only WC3 preset elements

Changelog

Version 1.00 upload
Version 1.01 update
- fixed wood simetry in bases near taverns.
Version 1.02 update
-Changed goldmine center layout
-Changed the fountain center path
-Changed the loot a bit.
Version 1.03
-Re changed the rechanged fountain path
Version 1.04
-Removed health foutain
-Changed paths
-Changed creeps 2 green creeps and 1 orange positions
-more wood for the goldmine in the center
Version 1.05
-Orange and red creeps now have anti air defense.
Version 1.06
-I put a unit in the red creep of the marketplace with a skill that kills a unit in the walking path without going agro. Changed that.
Version 1.07
-Ajusted loot and no more gaps between trees.
Credits

Map made by Ragnaros17

Image Design by Zephyrius2412
Great image, thanks for your work, it looks perfect.
Note: I had to cut it because I removed the fountain of the map
Contents

Queen Hederine Toxic Domain (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
I cannot see the map ingame due to the filename length. I've deleted the version number after the name and it worked afterwards. Man, I so thought those tiles were unbuildable. Must not remember tiles correctly. I suggest you make your maps bigger...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I cannot see the map ingame due to the filename length. I've deleted the version number after the name and it worked afterwards.

1. Man, I so thought those tiles were unbuildable. Must not remember tiles correctly.
  2. I suggest you make your maps bigger to avoid reaching the map borders with units as it doesn't make it look nice. Plus, the thin tree array near the map edges for the northern expansions.
  3. Tower rush possible :D, even Ancient of War too :p
  4. I suggest either changing the mid southern mine or the southwest and southeast mines with a neutral building or a camp, maybe even a red one because there would be too many mines.

Approved

=====================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 29
Grate map! love it, the mix of red and green. Keep it up!

Hey thanks mate, that kind of feedback is really important to me, sometimes I do not know if I am discovering something new and interesting or I just making weird things. I want to make unique maps just like this or even better. There are tons of unique maps and I don´t want to copy others.

Level 10
A map with distinctive characteristics! Maybe this is your first time of making maps not using underground tileset? :p

The issues:

1) Mains facing right each other.
This way the distance would be way too short, strongly favoring races like Orc.
Maybe the reason you put an orange camp in the way was to let players to get around
but as I said earlier, a map shouldn't require players to micro just to reach the opponent's base.

I think you should place gates or rocks whatever stuff to block the route so that the scouting unit will automatically get around without being attacked by creeps.

2)Item drop a little imbalance.
As you keep suffering from this, I have prepared this for you.

Levels 3-8: Level 1 permanent or power up.
Levels 8-11: Level 2 permanent, charge, or power up.
Levels 11-14: Level 1 permanent or power up and Level 2 permanent, charge, or power up.
Levels 14-17: Level 1 permanent or power up and Level 3 permanent or charge.
Levels 18-21: Level 2 permanent, charge, or power up and Level 4 permanent or charge.
Levels 21-23: Level 2 permanent, charge, or power up and Level 5 permanent or charge.
Levels 23-26: Level 2 permanent, charge, or power up and Level 6 permanent or charge.
Levels 26-29: Level 1 permanent or power up and Level 3 permanent or charge and Level 7 artifact.

This will help you a lot.

Level 29
A map with distinctive characteristics! Maybe this is your first time of making maps not using underground tileset? :p

The issues:

1) Mains facing right each other.
This way the distance would be way too short, strongly favoring races like Orc.
Maybe the reason you put an orange camp in the way was to let players to get around
but as I said earlier, a map shouldn't require players to micro just to reach the opponent's base.

I think you should place gates or rocks whatever stuff to block the route so that the scouting unit will automatically get around without being attacked by creeps.

2)Item drop a little imbalance.
As you keep suffering from this, I have prepared this for you.

Levels 3-8: Level 1 permanent or power up.
Levels 8-11: Level 2 permanent, charge, or power up.
Levels 11-14: Level 1 permanent or power up and Level 2 permanent, charge, or power up.
Levels 14-17: Level 1 permanent or power up and Level 3 permanent or charge.
Levels 18-21: Level 2 permanent, charge, or power up and Level 4 permanent or charge.
Levels 21-23: Level 2 permanent, charge, or power up and Level 5 permanent or charge.
Levels 23-26: Level 2 permanent, charge, or power up and Level 6 permanent or charge.
Levels 26-29: Level 1 permanent or power up and Level 3 permanent or charge and Level 7 artifact.

This will help you a lot.

Thanks for your feedback, I think this should work

133778-4fc031e1cb0d111bce108260179770c7.png

133779-6b17d6ff7d914514af588a49dff1c6e1.png

Last edited by a moderator: